Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Cross Sport SEL Rline
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put on the factory mudflaps or can recommend any nice looking mudflaps that don’t intrusively take over the vehicle looks.
Photos please
Thank you

·
216 Posts
I'll try and post up a few pictures in the next day or two ;)

I went with the OEM Flaps for the reason they are hard to see and do the job they were intended to do (y)

·
Registered
73 Posts
i have a 18 and went with oem mud flaps and they are discreet unlike some aftermarket ones. just keep in mind rear wheels needs to be removed to install them properly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought some off Amazon, look just like the factory mudflaps, Kaitan at $68.56 much cheaper than factory.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
How do they look? any Photos? any drilling?
I ordered them , after receiving them , the quality was very poor
The surface texture extremely uneven and the finish edges very poor cut.
Sent them back
So I purchase the factory ones from VW
Held them in place and realized, I dont care for the look of mud flap on my vehicle. Just too big of intrusion.
Wil go with 3m clear product at base of doors and base of rear quarter for protection.
This way the vehicle looks the same.
Thanks for imput.

·
216 Posts
Thanks for the update SaltaAtlas :cool:

Are you doing the 3M film yourself and are you considering the front of the hood as well :unsure:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the update SaltaAtlas :cool:

Are you doing the 3M film yourself and are you considering the front of the hood as well :unsure:
I will be doing it myself, its not difficult, have done the tailgate area to prevent scuffing already. ( I am not an installer of 3m film nor have any affiliate with 3m )
This way in my opinion the car keeps the looks that it has, which I like tremendously.
No, I am not going to do the hood, I think the hood doesn’t require any protection on my vehicle because of its hight and shape and my driving technique.😉

1 - 13 of 13 Posts