Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum and VW, I did a quick search but didn't see a post about this. Is everyone else missing the 'Personalization' menu on the 2021.5 Atlas MIB3 stereo? There just isn't an option for it that I can find. I can't personalize the seat, name, keyfob, ambient lighting etc from the stereo. I'm not sure if this was by design or what, I just saw youtube videos of previous models having those options.

Cheers.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was told at the dealer that the 21.5 doesn't have those abilities to have a "profile" for the fobs by driver 1 or 2 with respect to mirror settings, seats, radio presets, climate, etc...They were a little unsure about what exactly was customizable, but at a minimum I believe you should be able to have seat position for number 1 or number 2 driver, just not sure if you can tie that to a fob or if you have to hit the side of the seat before entering the car. Our previous car didn't have any of that so I don't miss it but it would be nice and I thought these would have it, too. I will be diving deep into the owner's manual to see what can be done.

SB

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, seems weird that the 2021 and MIB2 infotainment system can do it but the 2021.5 with the 'more advanced' MIB3 doesnt have those features..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the reply, seems weird that the 2021 and MIB2 infotainment system can do it but the 2021.5 with the 'more advanced' MIB3 doesnt have those features..
I just switched from a 2021 to a 2021.5 and am really weirded out by this. It’s going backwards. I hooked up my OBDeleven and am trying to enable it. User profiles are possible but for some reason disabled. Head scratcher….not stopping until I get it figured out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just switched from a 2021 to a 2021.5 and am really weirded out by this. It’s going backwards. I hooked up my OBDeleven and am trying to enable it. User profiles are possible but for some reason disabled. Head scratcher….not stopping until I get it figured out.
Has OBDeleven worked out well for your MIB3? I have one but still haven’t hooked it up to the cross sport. Any good recommendations?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has OBDeleven worked out well for your MIB3? I have one but still haven’t hooked it up to the cross sport. Any good recommendations?
It works just fine but I want to figure out the personalization haha. Only thing I’ve really done so far is turn off all of the locked menus for when you are driving. Hate that crap so now I can use it freely without having to be stopped.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
THANK YOU! I was excited for the 2021.5 thinking the new MIB3 would have all the features of the MIB2 + the wireless android auto etc. It makes no sense to me that they removed functions that clearly worked fine before. :( Personilization would be fantastic. Does the MIB2 personilization work based off of Keyfob? I appreciate any info you find!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah. Seems like a backwards step. On a related note, the new radio also can’t store favorite songs or artists, which my 2019 Atlas could. Am I doing something wrong or missing something here?

·
Registered
2 Posts
We just upgraded from the 2018 and I realized right away after getting it home that the Personalisation feature was missing. It was my favourite part!! I'm so upset. Did you ever figure out how to get it back?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts