Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I have different seat settings (and individual fobs). The seat assumes the position of the fob that unlocks the car, regardless of the fob that locked it. However, sometimes the seat doesn't move as it should when the car is unlocked. Anybody know why?

·
Super Moderator
78 Posts
Are your fobs to close to the car when unlocking? Example both fobs are in your pocket when doing the unlock

·
Registered
254 Posts
If the previous driver doesn't lock the vehicle with the key fob the seats/mirrors won't change when the next driver opens it. No idea why it's set that way because it's stupid. We never lock the car when we park INSIDE the garage so any time either of us switches cars we have to manually change the user. My wife's jeep changes the settings as soon as I open the door regardless.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tyler, no, both fobs are not present. And Tim, I don't have the same experience you do. When the car is in the garage unlocked, I'm able to lock it with either fob and then immediately unlock it with the fob that moves the seat to the position I want. The puzzle is why, every once in a while, the seat does not move as I expect it will.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tyler, no, both fobs are not present. And Tim, I don't have the same experience you do. When the car is in the garage unlocked, I'm able to lock it with either fob and then immediately unlock it with the fob that moves the seat to the position I want. The puzzle is why, every once in a while, the seat does not move as I expect it will.

·
Registered
4 Posts
When remote is used to start our 2021 Atlas SEL, it will not remember seat positions, mirrors, or satellite radio. Actually ours has been in the shop for 10 days now (2nd trip) because we told them to keep it until it’s fixed. We have a loaner Atlas currently. They called and said there is no fix. We are waiting word as to what they are going to do since it’s a lease.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you program the seat buttons, they work. I press my number and my wife presses hers if we leave the door unlocked. Very easy fix.

·
Super Moderator
862 Posts
Every so often, the mem. seats don't work correctly in mine, I just have to hit the button manually for my preset and it's sorted. The personalization system isn't the best on the VWs I'm afraid. I find that always locking the door with the key that started it helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts