Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

Major Audio Problem, 2023 R line Premium

11K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  meadenac 
#1 ·
I have read multiple posts about this issue, the audio will just cut out. No sound. Sometimes restarting car doesn't help.
Dealers seem to suggest an update, etc. and I'm not sure if this is just fancy way of saying this is a major structural error and they have no clue what to do..
It is nothing short of unacceptable for a new car.
Can anyone assist with any advice for a fix? Has the dealer actually fixed this issue for anyone? Has corporate been helpful?
Terribly frustrating. Brand new car!
Appreciative of any assistance.
Thx, Meis

#3 ·
I have read multiple posts about this issue, the audio will just cut out. No sound. Sometimes restarting car doesn't help.
Dealers seem to suggest an update, etc. and I'm not sure if this is just fancy way of saying this is a major structural error and they have no clue what to do..
Can anyone assist with any advice for a fix? Has the dealer actually fixed this issue for anyone? Has corporate been helpful?
Thx, Meis
I’m having that issue as well as the audio system just freaking out and playing rumbling noise FULL VOLUME. Turning off the unit, powering off the car, resetting to factory defaults has no effect. This leads me to think it’s the amp or wiring harness to the amp.

#4 ·
Thx, Meis
I occasionally had this happen too. I discovered that "rebooting" the radio solves the issue. Press & hold the power button until it restarts.
As for updates—get them! There are several computers in the car and if there are updates to the OS or apps, you should receive a "recall" notice for it. Similar to updates for our home computers etc.

#6 ·
I occasionally had this happen too. I discovered that "rebooting" the radio solves the issue. Press & hold the power button until it restarts.
As for updates—get them! There are several computers in the car and if there are updates to the OS or apps, you should receive a "recall" notice for it. Similar to updates for our home computers etc.
Hello. I rented a 2023 VW Atlas and just had the Audio system crap out. Your suggestion of pushing and holding the Power Button brought the Apps and screen back. Had to do it twice.
Glad that you experienced this so I could trouble shoot the rental.
I will say, this is an amazingly cool behicle with top notch features. (Except the autopsy going down at 10,000 miles.

#5 ·
My 2023 infotainment has issue since new. Dealer agreed to replace it 3 months ago and its still in backorder. When I call now they just transfer me to someone's VM. Contacted Corp and was told they don't involved in parts b/o issue and asked me to work with dealer directly (also told me customer satisfaction is top priority).
Radio would restart every few min several times and shutdown. After press power for 12 sec it would start but then repeat the reboot/shutdown. Factory reset did not help.

#7 ·
Thx, Meis
Same issue with my Atlas 2023. the audio often cut out with banging sound. Any updates?

#8 ·
my 2022 Atlas SE w/tech has recently developed a Carplay cellphone issue. For some reason the cellphone audio is only playing through one of the vehicles speakers and is very difficult to hear. I tried rebooting the audio system but no difference. It appears that all the VW updates have been completed. Music plays normally from the phone through Carplay and vehicles audio system. Any advice?

#11 ·
Out 2023 R Line has issues with audio as well. Trip today (400 miles ) was fine until we stopped for fuel. Restarting the car, the radio volume came on full blast. It's either muted or full on. We are due for its first oil change, so we are going to mention the issues we have had. We have had weird full volume pops and hisses minutes after shutting the car off for months. Remote start via the app most times does not work as it complains there is a door open...but they are all closed locked. Love the car but the electrical gremlins are just starting for us on a car with 10k on it. Seems some have had F5 module replaced...some software updates... subwoofer replacement....seems like whack a mole.

#12 ·
my 2022 Atlas SE w/tech has recently developed a Carplay cellphone issue. For some reason the cellphone audio is only playing through one of the vehicles speakers and is very difficult to hear. I tried rebooting the audio system but no difference. It appears that all the VW updates have been completed. Music plays normally from the phone through Carplay and vehicles audio system. Any advice?
I have the same issue. Did you ever fix this?

#13 ·
Yes! In my case the dealer pulled out the head unit and out in another from afar on the lot. The same thing occurred. The tech noticed that when you balanced the volume all the way to the front speakers there was practically zero sound. So the pulled the front speakers apart and determined that that they were both defective. They ordered and installed new ones and it sounds and works perfectly and the sound system volume is restored too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.