Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve had my 2020 SE Cross Sport 4Motion V6 for about a month now. It has 18k miles and still on the stock tires with plenty of tread life left. I noticed an issue when I got caught in stop and go traffic the other day. When accelerating lightly (maybe 10-15% throttle) I get a wobble/vibration that I can feel in my feet only between 15-25mph. Any faster or slower and I do not feel it. Smooth at highway speeds. I also do not feel it in the steering wheel, just the chassis. Any idea what this could be? My initial thought was a tire balance issue and hitting a resonant frequency or something?

· Registered
4 Posts
I bought a 2020 Cross Sport last week (SE V6 4Motion w/Tech, has 40k miles) & have felt the same thing! It almost feels like a manual car that’s about to stall - I hate it. I’m thinking it might be drive shaft or motor mount related. The dealership said it was tire related so they did a rotation & balance, but the shakes are still there. I feel it in my seat, center console, & steering wheel. This can’t be normal.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No fix yet. Took it to the dealer and they said the tech drove it and said the vibration was normal for the 4Motion. I don’t believe it for a second so I will be taking mine to a different dealer when I have the time.

· Registered
4 Posts
We have an appointment on Nov 15; I have a feeling they’ll try to tell me it’s normal, but I’ve never felt anything like it on the hundreds of cars I’ve driven, especially nothing as new & expensive as the Atlas. It’s even started to grind around 35-43 mph. I’m assuming it’s the torque converter. If this is “normal,” we’ll definitely be looking to get rid of it ASAP.

· Registered
4 Posts
I made an interesting discovery today; I changed the drive mode from Sport to Normal and that reduced the vibration by about 75%. You can still feel it some, but it’s much more tolerable and so much smoother at highway speeds.

· Registered
4 Posts
So after my third trip to the dealer, they claim “it’s normal for a 4Motion, particularly with a V6.” I drove another 4Motion 2.0T and it was smooth as butter. I drove a FWD V6 and it was smooth as butter. I’m so sick of dealing with this - even our grandmother’s early 2000’s GMC Sierra drives smoother than this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts