Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my cross sport 3.6 4 mottion in April and i love it, took it off roading (light) and it was amazing,
so after a lot of research and hw, i decided to switch out my 20" r line wheel with my fiances 17" tiguan wheels,

then put some 255/70 all terrains on it, thinkin of 20mm spacer in the front to make it 20et, and 10mm spacer in the back? but i wanted to do 255.70 in the fronts so i dont rub but do a 265/70 in the back.

will be putting on the b2b fit blocks later on, also will be getting the leveling kit soon.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Are you asking for input on the spacers or the staggered tire size?

Re: tires. I would advise against staggering tires size on anything except a rwd sports car or a fwd drag car where you traction at the drive axle.

Those tires have slightly differed circumference and could lead to issues with the AWD system. Plus, you limit your options for rotating the tires so you have a higher chance of uneven wear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you asking for input on the spacers or the staggered tire size?

Re: tires. I would advise against staggering tires size on anything except a rwd sports car or a fwd drag car where you traction at the drive axle.

Those tires have slightly differed circumference and could lead to issues with the AWD system. Plus, you limit your options for rotating the tires so you have a higher chance of uneven wear.
thank you! yea my concern was staggering the tire size, also i was advised against using spacers, thoughts on that?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don’t personally have anything against wheel spacers. A well made spacer will have appropriate hub geometry so the wheel is aligned properly, and often come with appropriate length studs. A lot of people have success with spacers to fit the wheel/tire combo they desire.

In an extreme case, it could lead to premature wheel bearing wear, though I would be less concerned with such thin spacers.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Saw an ad (can't remember where now or how I came across it) for a VW dealer that had an option / appearance package that included spaces at time of purchase. I think it might have been when I was drooling over the base camp wheels that I came across it... made me think spacers can't be that bad if dealer was offering :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts