Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2020 atlas cross sport SEL R line. When/If I park the car and open the door (while the car is still on), there is a tremendously loud beeping noise. I understand why that happens, but it's so freaking loud and annoying. Is there anyway to turn that off? I've tried to find an option to turn off in settings, but have had no luck. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
574 Posts
Yes you can, but you will need a tool called OBDEleven to do this. I have mine coded to be off. Do some searching as there is plenty of info here, Atlas FB groups, and the Atlas forum on vwvortex.com w/r to OBDEleven, how to use it, blah blah blah.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just purchased a 2020 atlas cross sport SEL R line. When/If I park the car and open the door (while the car is still on), there is a tremendously loud beeping noise. I understand why that happens, but it's so freaking loud and annoying. Is there anyway to turn that off? I've tried to find an option to turn off in settings, but have had no luck. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
It does that for a reason. ”Don't ignore me. My engine is running." I ignored it and because the engine is so quiet, I went in the store for 45 minutes.

·
Super Moderator
574 Posts
I also turned my seatbelt off chime - I hate all of those nanny warnings. I want to be able to hop in my car, drive down my back-court street without my seat belt on to pick up my kid 4 doors down. Somehow I've figured out how to not leave my car running when I exit it after all these years. I get why folks want to eliminate these.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The OBDeleven was a great purchase! The car **** near beeps constantly unless you're driving it (then it makes other weird noises). Using the OBDEleven to turn-off most of those warning beeps was one of the best things I did to the car.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I also turned my seatbelt off chime - I hate all of those nanny warnings. I want to be able to hop in my car, drive down my back-court street without my seat belt on to pick up my kid 4 doors down. Somehow I've figured out how to not leave my car running when I exit it after all these years. I get why folks want to eliminate these.
i do have to give credit to the seat belt warning...i had a buick enclave that warns after few minutes of driving and realized i had forgotten to buckle up...as annoying as it is i feel its there for a reason and could save someone's life one day.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever find a solution? The beep is driving me crazy! I have to leave my car on to pick up my daughter it’s a carpool line and I have to Leave my car on and and exit to open her door. The car goes crazy and the teachers can’t speak with me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts