Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We test drove the Atlas yesterday and I liked everything about. We currently do a lot of traveling up and down the east coast with our kids playing travel sports. The
Lacrosse gear fits in the rear with room to spare. We have currently been traveling in my truck. We are looking for better/comfort ride and gas mileage.

I had seen a lot of negative reviews on Facebook about the Atlas, which as thrown a flag up. Would like to know what some of you are getting for gas mileage on the highway and have you guys had any problems with the car?

Everyone says stay away from year one of a new car, but is there any difference between the 18 and 19?

The 2018 we drove is the last 18 on the lot and was the dealer's vehicle loaner.

·
Registered
111 Posts
We test drove the Atlas yesterday and I liked everything about. We currently do a lot of traveling up and down the east coast with our kids playing travel sports. The
Lacrosse gear fits in the rear with room to spare. We have currently been traveling in my truck. We are looking for better/comfort ride and gas mileage.

I had seen a lot of negative reviews on Facebook about the Atlas, which as thrown a flag up. Would like to know what some of you are getting for gas mileage on the highway and have you guys had any problems with the car?

Everyone says stay away from year one of a new car, but is there any difference between the 18 and 19?

The 2018 we drove is the last 18 on the lot and was the dealer's vehicle loaner.
Look at the Manufacturing date of the loaner. Also which version of the Atlas is it. I have had mine Since early October and had Zero problems with it. Highway Miles I got as high as 27 but I ma very light footed on the pedal. I would say you can with proper driving get over 22MPG easy on the Highway. My avg of city and highway (60/30 mix) is around 17 MPG (with too many stop signs and lights around that just brings the MPG down).

Look at other forums like VWVortex. Forget the facebook page as it seems concentrated for the reporting of issues and that there way few compared to the many happy owners.

·
Registered
41 Posts
As with any new vehicles, a lot of the people that make their way onto social media sites and forums are going to be those experiencing problems. There are bound to be tons of owners who have had no issues like hfqkhal, but just aren't represented online. The main change for 2019 Atlas' was that automatic emergency braking was made standard on all models.

·
Registered
256 Posts
As with any new vehicles, a lot of the people that make their way onto social media sites and forums are going to be those experiencing problems. There are bound to be tons of owners who have had no issues like hfqkhal, but just aren't represented online. The main change for 2019 Atlas' was that automatic emergency braking was made standard on all models.
I think the consistent volume of Atlas' we can spot everyday already says a lot.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Obviously great choice on deciding to get one and even more so during that time of the year which from what I hear is the most friendly car buying time. if you live somewhere that gets winter weather, its even more of a reason to hold out.
In fact, some people I know wait till the peak of summer to finally go through with a purchase and the typical first accessories/mods/treatments.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Welcome to the forum. As with any online community there have been plenty of owners who have come here to report issues and gain feedback on possible solutions. I would imagine there are lots of owners who's Atlas has been trouble free so far, so they've had no reason to search out a support site. Have you owned a VW product previously?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts