Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my Atlas, but I live in Northwest PA. Winters are rough. Snow, salt, road brine etc. The bottoms of all 4 doors fill up with everything on the road. I hose them out constantly. Has anyone else noticed this issue? I have thought about trying to put some sort of weatherstripping or cover on the doors but I don't know if they would seal properly. My 19' Atlas is already showing signs of rust around some emblems and the front grill "chrome" is bubbling, but the doors are going to rot away in no time if I can't figure this out.
Anyone have any insight on this?

·
254 Posts
Welcome to the forum jfrankh :)

How about a longer Mud/Splash Guards then the factory ones, it might not solve the issue but it might help
reduce the road debris and spray :unsure:

·
Registered
2021 Atlas SEL
5 Posts
I love my Atlas, but I live in Northwest PA. Winters are rough. Snow, salt, road brine etc. The bottoms of all 4 doors fill up with everything on the road. I hose them out constantly. Has anyone else noticed this issue? I have thought about trying to put some sort of weatherstripping or cover on the doors but I don't know if they would seal properly. My 19' Atlas is already showing signs of rust around some emblems and the front grill "chrome" is bubbling, but the doors are going to rot away in no time if I can't figure this out.
Anyone have any insight on this?
Yes! I'm in west central WI. We have all the same conditions. I noticed that too. I had the whole under carriage sprayed with a protectant coat. as far as all the other things that you are experiencing I would take it back to the dealer and have them fix it before it gets worse. Good luck! The road brine is horrible and so hard on everything!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Might add some factory running boards in combination with the mud flaps? I don't live where we have too much grime on the roads, but I do drive on beaches, dirt and gravel roads, and occasionally a field or two with our Atlas and our two Touaregs...the Touaregs get nasty gross down there where the Atlas isn't nearly as bad.

IMG_20210210_1548533.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in SW Colorado and commute to Telluride daily. I've noticed whenever a little snow gets in the wheel wells the car shakes violently above 35mph. Anyone else have the same issue? Obviously, it's extremely inconvenient to keep pulling over on an hour long commute to keep digging out the wheel wells. I've never experienced this on any other vehicle, all I can think of is the snow accumulates and puts pressure on the CV?

·
Registered
2021 Atlas SEL
5 Posts
Might add some factory running boards in combination with the mud flaps? I don't live where we have too much grime on the roads, but I do drive on beaches, dirt and gravel roads, and occasionally a field or two with our Atlas and our two Touaregs...the Touaregs get nasty gross down there where the Atlas isn't nearly as bad.

View attachment 1743
I love this idea! Can I see a picture of the whole Atlas?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I love this idea! Can I see a picture of the whole Atlas?

Sure thing. Here is one from this past summer down on the Oregon coast. Our little ones love them as getting in and out is much easier and cleaner. These are VW OEM-so you would get them at the dealer and they can take the weight of a heavy adult jumping on them with no give at all. Not just for looks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been noticing this also...thought I was losing it as we've barely broken 1000mi

I'm in SW Colorado and commute to Telluride daily. I've noticed whenever a little snow gets in the wheel wells the car shakes violently above 35mph. Anyone else have the same issue? Obviously, it's extremely inconvenient to keep pulling over on an hour long commute to keep digging out the wheel wells. I've never experienced this on any other vehicle, all I can think of is the snow accumulates and puts pressure on the CV?

·
Registered
2021 Atlas SEL V6 4Motion
19 Posts
I have probably 4000k miles on it now with snow pretty much everywhere Minnesota/North Dakota/Wisconsin roads wanted to put it and never had any issues. No mud flaps or anything else installed on it either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts