Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering replacing (eliminating) the resonator from the OEM exhaust system. I don't know if anyone has done this and can post a sound bite so that I can hear what it would sound like. I replaced the exhaust system on my 4Runner last year with a Magnaflow cat back exhaust system and absolutely hated it...too loud and it sounded like an old pickup truck. I hated the sound so much that I eventually (within a few months) traded it in on the Atlas. I am looking for a little rumble, not a roar.

·
Super Moderator
882 Posts
I am considering replacing (eliminating) the resonator from the OEM exhaust system. I don't know if anyone has done this and can post a sound bite so that I can hear what it would sound like. I replaced the exhaust system on my 4Runner last year with a Magnaflow cat back exhaust system and absolutely hated it...too loud and it sounded like an old pickup truck. I hated the sound so much that I eventually (within a few months) traded it in on the Atlas. I am looking for a little rumble, not a roar.

There are several res delete videos of the 3.6 Atlas on youtube - ECS tuning pipe will be same as any other res delete setup. Res deletes will only give you noise during acceleration, cruising will be quiet.

vw atlas resonator delete - YouTube

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are several res delete videos of the 3.6 Atlas on youtube - ECS tuning pipe will be same as any other res delete setup. Res deletes will only give you noise during acceleration, cruising will be quite.

vw atlas resonator delete - YouTube
Thanks. I watched the videos on YouTube. I think I'll pass on the resonator delete. It makes the Atlas sound like a ricey 4 cylinder. I think my money would be better spent on a cold air intake kit.

·
Super Moderator
882 Posts
Thanks. I watched the videos on YouTube. I think I'll pass on the resonator delete. It makes the Atlas sound like a ricey 4 cylinder. I think my money would be better spent on a cold air intake kit.
I dig it but not on this vehicle....just a family hauler. Straight-piped would sound great but too loud for daily use. Can also do a custom job with a Vibrant resonator and say Magnaflow muffer(s).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts