Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I press the door handle to lock, it only locks half the time. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I get out of the car press the dimple and it locks. I unlock it w key fob and try to lock it again with dimple and it doesn't lock. It will also not lock sometimes when i just try it when I get out of the car

·
Registered
7 Posts
Make sure your other fingers are not touching any other part of the door handle. If you touch the inside of the handle it thinks you're trying to unlock and open the door instead of trying to lock it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The battery has sucked since i bought the car. It won't work unless i am less than 50-75'. Remote start is a lot less. Less than 20'. I am just trying to lock it by pressing the dimple. No FOB. Its hit or miss
The battery in the fob goes quick...easy change out if you need to.
[/QUOTE

·
Super Moderator
334 Posts
The battery has sucked since i bought the car. It won't work unless i am less than 50-75'. Remote start is a lot less. Less than 20'. I am just trying to lock it by pressing the dimple. No FOB. Its hit or miss
Yes but the fob battery will impact that i.e. how close to the handle/vehicle it needs to be.

·
Registered
52 Posts
When I press the door handle to lock, it only locks half the time. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I get out of the car press the dimple and it locks. I unlock it w key fob and try to lock it again with dimple and it doesn't lock. It will also not lock sometimes when i just try it when I get out of the car

I've found that if your finger(s) are dry, it takes a few taps to get it to see your finger. My 2011 Town-n-Coutry is the worst for this. I can pull out my key fob and hit the lock button faster then me standing there, touching the little button on the handle like 8 times before it notices me. If I "lick" my finger first, it works 1st time, every time. Wife just says "yuck" but hey, it works. :unsure:

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've noticed if you are too quick after closing the door it doesn't work sometimes. Since I am usually heading to the back I typically hit the dimple on the back door as that seems to give me enough time to clear whatever timing they seem to have set.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts