Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I recently purchased a 2021 SEL and cannot figure out how to lock the car without the key fob. For instance, if I find the car unlocked, why can't I open the door and hit the lock button on the inside of the door to lock it? Only the unlock button functions and I cannot figure out how to make the lock button work. TIA

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello All,

I recently purchased a 2021 SEL and cannot figure out how to lock the car without the key fob. For instance, if I find the car unlocked, why can't I open the door and hit the lock button on the inside of the door to lock it? Only the unlock button functions and I cannot figure out how to make the lock button work. TIA
I am also curious about the answer to this. Had a similar experience leaving my house to go for a run and realizing I didn't lock the car. Keys inside on the counter. Was annoyed I had to walk back into the house, hit the fob, then carry on (What a first world problem!). I've had cars that you have to push the lock button twice or push and hold, but neither of those tricks seem to work on the Atlas. Any advise out there is appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a feeling it is to avoid inadvertently locking your keys in the car. It won't necessarily unlock with keys inside the car and you tapping the handle to unlock. (I've tried with the 2nd set inside the car).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts