Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I bought a used 2018 Atlas Sel Premium two months back, I gave the car to service center for some issues I discovered regarding noise from AC which they fixed under warranty.

My Question:
When I went to pickup my car I noticed they didn't lock the car and they parked at the spot 4 hours ago, so my question is shouldn't the ca lock the doors automatically after few minutes if they forgot to lock he car?

I asked this question to service center guy and he says Atlas dont have that functionality, isn't that a bug? my old 2014 Hyundai Elantra GL(basic model) has that functionality and this 2018 Atlas Premium model lacks that, that sounded weird, is that true?

thanks,
Rohit

·
Registered
111 Posts
The Atlas will re-lock if it gets unlocked and no one opens the doors in 1 minute. As to locking automatically, no it does not come in like that. I remember seeing somewhere that there is a OBD 11 adjustment that can change the programing to let it lock automatically

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don't think this function is enabled from factory as hfqkhal has suggested. I'm sure it is something that could be enabled if you inquired about it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gotcha, thankyou for your answers, I inquired the service center and they said its not available and thats it, I'm not sure if I want to program that myself as @hfqkhal said coz I never did or know anyone also dont know what happens to warranty if I screw up anything, I think I'll live with it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts