Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Atlas SE W/Tech 4Motion R-Line
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum but researched the community extensively to decide what to do with my recently purchased 2018 Atlas SE W/Tech V6 4Motion R-Line. Went with the Forge Motorsport Lift/Leveling Kit, 18" Black Rhino Arches Wheels and 275/65/18 Falken Wildpeak AT3W's. Thanks for all of the inspiration in this forum. Planning to do the AFE Intake, Resonator delete kit, grill light bracket and roof rack cross bars. Also need to find a way to black out all of the chrome!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
let us know how the performance is with the AFE Intake. I was also looking at that one.
No synopsis results to back up performance gains but it does feel a bit peppier. The sound from the engine bay has changed an octave or two lower giving more growl than whine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Did the badge delete and plasti-dip on the chrome window and door trim. Also did the center of the grill and headlight.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very nice. Looks good!
Just pick up yourself a can of black Plastidip and go to town on the chrome...
Plastidip complete! All but the roof rails, but I'm looking into how to remove them first because rattle canning them in those tight spaces will be difficult.

·
Registered
7 Posts
New to the forum but researched the community extensively to decide what to do with my recently purchased 2018 Atlas SE W/Tech V6 4Motion R-Line. Went with the Forge Motorsport Lift/Leveling Kit, 18" Black Rhino Arches Wheels and 275/65/18 Falken Wildpeak AT3W's. Thanks for all of the inspiration in this forum. Planning to do the AFE Intake, Resonator delete kit, grill light bracket and roof rack cross bars. Also need to find a way to black out all of the chrome! View attachment 1362 View attachment 1361
DesertDweller, If I buy the same kit, is there any other parts needed for the install???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DesertDweller, If I buy the same kit, is there any other parts needed for the install???
Not to my knowledge. I had my tire shop put it on with the wheels and tires. It did take them about 4 hours to do. One thing that Volkswagen suggest is to do a full alignment because of the blind psot monitoring sensors if you have those. I haven't noticed any problems without it though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not to my knowledge. I had my tire shop put it on with the wheels and tires. It did take them about 4 hours to do. One thing that Volkswagen suggest is to do a full alignment because of the blind psot monitoring sensors if you have those. I haven't noticed any problems without it though.
Thank you so much for the info. I am getting it installed on Monday with a full alignment for $600. I feel like that is a great deal considering the work involved.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Plastidip complete! All but the roof rails, but I'm looking into how to remove them first because rattle canning them in those tight spaces will be difficult.
Hi DesertD, same here I did the same modification on tires end wheels a little bit different size 255/50R20 same brand in both Falken wild peek all-terrain and Rhyno Chase. I will post pictures. Now I need to remove the roof rails, But not Idea how to do it, please advise if you find the way! Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi DesertD, same here I did the same modification on tires end wheels a little bit different size 255/50R20 same brand in both Falken wild peek all-terrain and Rhyno Chase. I will post pictures. Now I need to remove the roof rails, But not Idea how to do it, please advise if you find the way! Thanks!
I just installed the Forge Motorsport leveling kit and I love the look. I was wondering how big I could go on tires and wheels without having to do any modifications? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just installed the Forge Motorsport leveling kit and I love the look. I was wondering how big I could go on tires and wheels without having to do any modifications? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just went through the leveling/lifting, new wheels, tires and some additional items. See my post here. Lifted Atlas Picture Thread

Without changing the fender liner blocks in the front, you probably can’t run anything larger than a 30.5” diameter tire without rubbing. The current tires I have are about 31.6” in diameter and I have swapped the liner blocks out and I still have rub every now and then.
I like the look of it lifted and with new shoes. Now I am adding a couple of 3” cube lights using the Forge grill mount bracket and hopefully wiring it to a new euro light switch (rear fog pull setting). Next would be to swap out the cold air intake and possibly do the whookiepipe as well.

Can’t wait to get this off pavement.
Best of luck!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts