Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, First Post and first VW.
I Personally do not like the Raked look on my SUVs/ Cars wondering if someone can recommend a 1 1/4"--1 1/2" Leveling kit,
I see that the front is about 1 1/4" lower then the rear, I am not looking to do a full lift a Lift kit is the escape goat for manufactures to void warranty's unless you buy and have them install.
Thanks in advance for any and all recommendations/ help.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Escape goat lol.
I want to clear up some potential confusion here....
Adding a "lift kit" will not void your warranty. Any aftermarket part you install will obviously not be covered by warranty, but a dealer has to prove that the aftermarket part caused the failure of another part in order to void warranty of said part.
Also, any dealer that says they will honor a warranty on aftermarket parts better put that in writing for you.
There are also some dealers that have a better attitude than others when it comes to dealing with modified cars.

·
Super Moderator
571 Posts
Actually, adding any aftermarket parts can impact warranty claims as you state, however, the notion that the dealer/manufacturer has to "prove" things is quite funny. Sure, have fun in court b/c they have a lot more and better lawyers that you for something that is probably a few hundred bucks out of pocket. It really comes down to dealers and how they treat aftermarket parts/modifications - you want one that is reasonable and you need to be reasonable as well in dealing with them. A great video on this topic by a lawyer who deals with this:

A simple spacer lift isn't going to have much impact on anything warranty-wise at most dealers unless it's suspension or axle-related.

·
Registered
'19 Atlas SE R-Line
35 Posts
A simple spacer lift isn't going to have much impact on anything warranty-wise at most dealers unless it's suspension or axle-related.
I wonder if any owners with suspension mods that have also had steering rack issues have faced any pushback on warranty claim on the steering rack.

·
Super Moderator
571 Posts
I wonder if any owners with suspension mods that have also had steering rack issues have faced any pushback on warranty claim on the steering rack.
Certainly isn't unreasonable to think that they could have issues - larger tires etc. will have an impact. Mods are and always will be "pay to play" - don't mess with your vehicle if you don't want to possibly be on the hook for repairs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have owned 5 new Jeeps since 1989 and Modified all of them myself Except for the last one 2012 Grand Cherokee 5.7 and I put A Lit of miles on my Vehicles and on that one I opted to get the lifetime Unlimited mi warranty. After talking with the dealer about adding a leveling kit they said it has to be Professionally installed or it Might void the warranty. So got a quote for them to install my kit it was going to be 2 hr labor. I thought Heck it would take me that long to do the Rear. They installed that and let them install the RRO Hidden Winch kit also for a 4hr total charge.
kinda hoping to find a reputable Company that has a leveling kit and from the looks it might be an easy install but if they give a 2-3hr charge and will not affect my Extended warranty that would be great

·
Registered
70 Posts
Actually, adding any aftermarket parts can impact warranty claims as you state, however, the notion that the dealer/manufacturer has to "prove" things is quite funny. Sure, have fun in court b/c they have a lot more and better lawyers that you for something that is probably a few hundred bucks out of pocket.
All I'm saying is that if you lift your truck, and your radio takes a ****, it will still be covered under warranty.
I'm not going to argue with the dealer if I blow a CV or something after installing a lift.
But that is also why I mentioned finding a mod-friendly dealer. They are still at the mercy of VoA, but can be a lot better to deal with.
Just trying to make sure OP understands that the entire warranty will not be voided. I have seen that misconception so many times.
But I agree with you. You are definitely in pay to plat territory when doing any sort of modifications.

·
Super Moderator
571 Posts
All I'm saying is that if you lift your truck, and your radio takes a ****, it will still be covered under warranty.
I'm not going to argue with the dealer if I blow a CV or something after installing a lift.
But that is also why I mentioned finding a mod-friendly dealer. They are still at the mercy of VoA, but can be a lot better to deal with.
Just trying to make sure OP understands that the entire warranty will not be voided. I have seen that misconception so many times.
But I agree with you. You are definitely in pay to plat territory when doing any sort of modifications.
100% with you and yes, the misunderstandings of mods/warranty are biblical online and filled with 95% BS. My Golf is heavily modified, I still get things covered under warranty. Folks in these posts often want to have their cake and eat it too when they ask "will this mod impact the warranty" - of course it can, asking this question indicates that there is a lack of understanding of how it all works w/r to dealers, the manufacturer, and warranties. I hate the word "void" in this discussion. Void would be like a salvage title. Best to say "xyz modification has the chance to impact certain warranty claims".

·
Registered
6 Posts
I Personally do not like the Raked look on my SUVs/ Cars wondering if someone can recommend a 1 1/4"--1 1/2" Leveling kit,
I see that the front is about 1 1/4" lower then the rear, I am not looking to do a full lift a Lift kit is the escape goat for manufactures to void warranty's unless you buy and have them install.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just found this on the Internet I have no idea if it’s any good or not.

·
Registered
32 Posts
+ 1 on Forge. I don't have an Atlas leveling kit, but have purchased Forge before and really liked their quality (2.0T turbo diverter valve).

I wish Forge mad a similar lift for my 2007 and 2008 Touaregs. :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
My SE 4motion doesn’t have a rake to it I am glad or I would be doing same thing you are. I’m sure someone makes one happy hunting.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts