Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
415 Posts
^^^Correct. They will have issues/cause errors/glow after you turn them off if you don't. deAutoLED kit is v. good, set up for the Atlas, one-stop/no fuss kit.

·
Registered
31 Posts
again...no issues/errors nothing so far...yes there is very faint glow if you stare it after turning off the car until car goes to sleep then it goes dark. doesn't drain the battery either way since incandescent would have been using same power just not enough to light up the filament ;) others likely just have an extra resistor added but its just for cosmetic purposes.

·
Registered
102 Posts
If I were going to buy fogs, here is what I would buy. They are H8 canbus bulbs and for $60, I dodn't think you can go wrong.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If I were going to buy fogs, here is what I would buy. They are H8 canbus bulbs and for $60, I dodn't think you can go wrong.
i guess i don't get the fuss about canbus and why would one need it if it works fine as is? also one you linked has 9 reviews while the one above it has over 4k reviews and i can confirm it works fine in the atlas.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sidewinder, sometimes working fine isn't good enough when you are looking for the best result. And, by the way, 4000 lumens is the total light output, not the number of reviews.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sidewinder, sometimes working fine isn't good enough when you are looking for the best result. And, by the way, 4000 lumens is the total light output, not the number of reviews.
well let me clarify...it works fine and best result lol...after all best result is subjective.... amazon has 4,000 reviews while your link only has 9 reviews for double the price. it is also 4,000 lumens/set meaning 2,000 lumen per bulb. amazon is 6,000 lumens or 3,000 lumens per bulb. not to mention its 7200k which means it will be blue and not match the factory led.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts