Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, folks.
Have any of you considered buying out your lease? How has that gone, and what did negotiations look like with VW? We are in an unusual situation where folks having maturing leases are in a superior position with the current market.
  • I've had issues, including the coolant leak (head gasket replaced) and a faulty camshaft sensor (being replaced)
  • My lease is up in December and is currently under mileage
  • I could earn ~$10k based on the residual value and KBB, so I'm curious if VW will negotiate with you.
  • I'm having a few dents pulled and the car detailed before having an assessment done on it
  • I'm curious if you've shopped it for other dealers?
  • Have you looked at selling to Carmax vs. a private party?
Thanks, I've been told it is a better bet to buyout vs. straight lease return.

·
Super Moderator
1,161 Posts
This is being ask a lot on various car forums...the answer is maybe. You have an agreement with VW and it's VW Atlas so always keep that in mind. Dealers are trying to take some of your potential profit and may add a bunch of "fees" to erode some of your position with the least buy out. I'd start by calling VW Credit and going from there. In theory yes, you should be able to buy it out at the negotiated residual in your lease contract/agreement and turn around and sell/trade for a profit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts