1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

My Atlas is 3.6 SEL Prim 4-Motion

Anyone explain lane assist?
Is there any vibration or sound warning If the lane crosses without a signal?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Here is a brief description of my experience with Lane Keep Assist on my 3.6 SE w/Technology:

If the system detects that you are in a lane and the vehicle drifts, the vehicle will automatically steer the car to keep it in the lane. If the system detects that you are in a lane and you attempt to steer the vehicle outside the lane without the turn signal on, you will feel resistance in the wheel as the vehicle attempts to stay in the lane but ultimately, your steering input will override the auto steer and this will briefly inactivate the lane keep assist until it detects you are in a lane again. The only sound warning is when the vehicle detects that you are not controlling the steering for a period of time, it will sound a warning and the display will tell you to take over steering.

With blind spot monitoring, if you attempt to steer the vehicle into a lane when it is indicating another vehicle is in your blind spot, the steering wheel will vibrate/shake rapidly as an additional warning to the blind spot indication in the mirror.

The system works great in my Atlas and I like it a lot. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ok, I am reviving this. I recoded the Atlas (via Vag) to adaptive lane assist. Meaning, it won't ping pong the vehicle from one side to another rather, it will keep it centered at all times. After doing this and doing a bit of a small road trip (up NJ Turnpike), I noticed that i can keep my hands off longer than the usual 10-15 seconds before getting the warning to put it back on. So far, I've gone about 5 minutes before I voluntarily held on the wheel again. I want to do more testing to confirm this wasn't a fluke but I tried it twice already. 1st was about 1 minute and 2nd 5 minutes. Anybody else has this experience? Here is a video on both instances. I've asked over at Vortex and no once can replicate what I am experiencing. I am actually not mad at it. Kinda getting that autonomous feel like the super cruise in Cadillac. So far, people have been putting a full bottle on the steering wheel to trick the system.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ok, I am reviving this. I recoded the Atlas (via Vag) to adaptive lane assist. Meaning, it won't ping pong the vehicle from one side to another rather, it will keep it centered at all times. After doing this and doing a bit of a small road trip (up NJ Turnpike), I noticed that i can keep my hands off longer than the usual 10-15 seconds before getting the warning to put it back on. So far, I've gone about 5 minutes before I voluntarily held on the wheel again. I want to do more testing to confirm this wasn't a fluke but I tried it twice already. 1st was about 1 minute and 2nd 5 minutes. Anybody else has this experience? Here is a video on both instances. I've asked over at Vortex and no once can replicate what I am experiencing. I am actually not mad at it. Kinda getting that autonomous feel like the super cruise in Cadillac. So far, people have been putting a full bottle on the steering wheel to trick the system.

https://youtu.be/Mcp72pj7rbE

https://youtu.be/ta3TcLogkq4
I am interested in this. What coding change is required to get the adaptive centering?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts