Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My lane assist stays glued to the right line, way too close for comfort. It never centers in the lane. Even if I'm all the way left, it will move quickly to the right until my right mirror is nearly directly over the right line.

Anyone else?

·
Super Moderator
569 Posts
The lane assist is just to nudge you off the lane boundary lines - not drive itself. Maybe yours needs an alignment?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Correct. Lane Keep Assist is not a "self driving" mode. It just nudges you back into your lane if you drift too close to either lane line. Think of it more like bumper bowling for little kids than self driving.

That being said....if you want it to keep you centered you "can" tweak the system with OBDeleven to do just that.

·
Super Moderator
569 Posts
Long coding
Control unit: A5 Front Sensors Driver Assistance System
Values:
Point_of_intervention:
Old value: late
New value: early (setting via menu)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Long coding
Values:
Point_of_intervention:
I dont understand... where can I set that? And what does it do?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Long coding
Values:
Point_of_intervention:
Did some searching and it looks like to change this setting I need a Windows app called VCDS. No idea where to get or how to connect into the Atlas with it. Anyone?

·
Registered
5 Posts
My lane assist stays glued to the right line, way too close for comfort. It never centers in the lane. Even if I'm all the way left, it will move quickly to the right until my right mirror is nearly directly over the right line.

Anyone else?
Yes, mine does the same. I’ve turned it off bc not too thrilled about riding the right line.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts