Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2018 SE with tech tracks much too close to lane marker on driver side . Dealer couldn’t do anything in past when I asked. Is this possible to recalibrate or adjust?

·
Super Moderator
862 Posts
The system is supposed to "bounce" you back/off the lane edges/lines. It's not supposed to be a driverless system that keeps you in the middle of the lane.

With that said, there are adjustments you can do yourself using a tool called OBDEleven that allows you to enable "adaptive lane tracking" which will have it follow the approximate center line of the lane. The dealer isn't going to do this for you. Do some searching here/youtube/FB Atlas groups/Atlas forum on vwvortex for more info on the questions you are likely going to have. I have posted the coding for this many times and it's in a thread here that should be saved.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, it doesn’t bounce off on drivers side until on lane line and tracks along the lane line very close. passenger side ok . Will follow up as you suggest.

·
Super Moderator
862 Posts
Thanks, it doesn’t bounce off on drivers side until on lane line and tracks along the lane line very close. passenger side ok . Will follow up as you suggest.
Maybe "bounce" isn't the right word - it will just keep you from leaving the lane, that's it. From yoru description, your system is operating as designed. Again, it's just a keep feature, not a driving feature. If I turn off my adaptive tracking that I programmed, it will be the default system and depending on the road, do the same thing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it. Thank you . To me , not safe enough if that’s the case since it doesnt operate until too close to opposite lane. I suppose there is some logic to what they set up but it escapes me . Appreciate your input .

·
Super Moderator
862 Posts
Got it. Thank you . To me , not safe enough if that’s the case since it doesnt operate until too close to opposite lane. I suppose there is some logic to what they set up but it escapes me . Appreciate your input .
It will keep you from going into the other lane or hitting a car - I'd say that's good enough! I guess I never had an issue with it or ever thought this was not safe enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts