Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2019 Atlas... I really like the car but the key fob is seriously a P.O.S. the remote start rarely works unless you're standing close to the car (kind of defeats the purpose)... My 2017 Ford Edge technology is far superior.. surprising!!!! anyone else disappointed with the key fob or maybe have a solution?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Welcome to the forum Dale2406 (y)

Not an issue for me, in fact I actually think it works better then the set up on my ATS-V :cool:

I'd also agree with Barry T and replace the battery.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mine works fine. Don't know about the distance...I'll go measure now...100 feet at least, line of sight.. I've had mine since Jan. 2019 so if you swap out the battery and you don't get something close to this, take it back to VW.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recently bought a 2019 Atlas... I really like the car but the key fob is seriously a P.O.S. the remote start rarely works unless you're standing close to the car (kind of defeats the purpose)... My 2017 Ford Edge technology is far superior.. surprising!!!! anyone else disappointed with the key fob or maybe have a solution?
I agree. My remote start is good for maybe 30 ft. Comparing to a Jeep Grand Cherokee I rented that was good for about 100+ yards.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thats so they can sell you that $400 range extender, which is another fob you can carry. But I will admit, the range sucks. I have an aftermarket AudioVox remote starter I got installed by the dealer on my 2009 Jeep Liberty. The price was $99 back then. Thing will start my jeep half block away, or through multiple walls at work. The fob is the size of a beer bottle cap. One of my co-workers was bitching about it back in winter because he's got a new Ford F-250 and his is line of site and about 200-300 ft away. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Dale2406

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine works fine. Don't know about the distance...I'll go measure now...100 feet at least, line of sight.. I've had mine since Jan. 2019 so if you swap out the battery and you don't get something close to this, take it back to VW.
yeah, I've changed the batteries.. still sucks... I called the dealership, they were useless. I'm going to contact corporate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts