Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

Keeping fingers crossed

5K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Hedghodge 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to let you know that the Atlas can stand up to anything. I was involved in a multi vehicle accident on Feb. 16. A driver veered into my driver's side front fender causing me to start a spin and then to add to it, a pick up nailed me in the right rear corner...Ughhh!! Both sets of side curtain airbags went off and now I wait to see if the car (7 months old) is going to be declared a total loss or repairable. Something tells me not...hate to see that Kurkuma yellow Execline (SEL Premium) go...

#2 ·
Wow. I hope all is well and it seems that you came out unhurt and that is the main thing. Can you put some pics? as to them declaring a total loss would really depend on how much damage you have, so if it is a fenders only issue you can say you will be keeping it bit if more then it is any one's guess on what the outcome would be.

#3 ·
Sorry to hear about your Atlas Paul, but happy you and anyone else in the vehicle is a okay. It doesn't take much these days for insurance companies to write off new vehicles but please let us know what they determine. Assuming its a write off have you begun to look into other options?

#7 ·
How much damage on the rear side? It does not look like there is any structural damage (examiner has to look under and all over from inside and below the engine area). Have you heard anything from your insurance company as to what they have decided? It is almost going on one month and they should by now. As to payment it all depends on your policy and how good it is. With Airbags deployed and no fault of yours fight for a replacement and let them handle with the other driver's policy holders.

#8 ·
Hello all,
Well it's been 4.5 months since the accident. The other insurance company insisted on repairing the car. $27,000 CDN to repair the car. Now only waiting for a right rear tail light assembly. Apparently on back order?? Really?? Has anybody experienced such a long wait? How can these things be back ordered??

#9 ·
I didn't expect it to get damaged out. I had two accidents over the weekend, one on sat and another on Sunday, both other drivers faults. When two different vehicles and their fault it's two different claims and you are good. Now as long as it drives the same it's cool, if not I'd pushed for total since opposite sides and it may never ride the same would be my excuse.

Glad all okay, it's been a while.

Was this caused from dumb auto brake pulling out ? I've been in a few close encounters where it slammed on brakes and shutdown even creeping out of not so steep driveways

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.