Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

So glad to join this forum. Lots of information here and it is very informative!

Here is the story:

At the beginning, this 2022 pyrite silver metallic R-line caught my eyes while it was sitting in the dealer's showroom. It is a beauty. My friends wowed when I showed them the pictures on social media. So I paid the deposit right away.
Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Grille Vehicle registration plate

One day later, my dealer called me and said there was one small snag ... this beauty is on the recall list. VW's policy is it cannot leave the showroom until it is fixed, and that would be in May, maybe June. Then plan B:
Automotive parking light Car Wheel Tire Vehicle

Car Automotive tail & brake light Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Two days later, my dealer called me again and said there's one just coming off the production line, fresh and tender! But it is black pearl. How can I refuse, I took it.

A simple Atlas loving story!

Now I have a question. What I know is that VW developed the VR6 engine and it was put in the previous atlas model (might not only atlas) and marked as VR6. But this time it marked as V6. Is it logically same, or ?

I'm not the guy who enthusiastically taking engine apart to see what is going on. Hope someone can help me out it. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,161 Posts
The 3.6 in all Atlases is/has been a VR6 but VW hasn't used that name designation since the MK3-4 era (90s-00s)...they just call it a V6 now and all Atlases since inception in 2017 (2018 model year) have always been with a "V6". Same 3.6 narrow-angle V6 engine (that's really all a "VR6" is) as they had in the CC and Passat as well as Touareg and Porsce Cayenne. You know looking at it - single head/coil packs all in a row is the give away. I actually removed the V6 badge and replaced with a retro VR6 badge as I'm a true VW aficionado. I also own a W8 Passat...talk about a confusing engine configuration to explain to the layperson!
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 3.6 in all Atlases is/has been a VR6 but VW hasn't used that name designation since the MK3-4 era (90s-00s)...they just call it a V6 now and all Atlases since inception in 2017 (2018 model year) have always been with a "V6". Same 3.6 narrow-angle V6 engine (that's really all a "VR6" is) as they had in the CC and Passat as well as Touareg and Porsce Cayenne. You know looking at it - single head/coil packs all in a row is the give away. I actually removed the V6 badge and replaced with a retro VR6 badge as I'm a true VW aficionado. I also own a W8 Passat...talk about a confusing engine configuration to explain to the layperson! View attachment 2709
Hi, thanks for the information. Now I know it is VR6 indeed. (y)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello guys,

So glad to join this forum. Lots of information here and it is very informative!

Here is the story:

At the beginning, this 2022 pyrite silver metallic R-line caught my eyes while it was sitting in the dealer's showroom. It is a beauty. My friends wowed when I showed them the pictures on social media. So I paid the deposit right away. View attachment 2704
View attachment 2703
View attachment 2705

One day later, my dealer called me and said there was one small snag ... this beauty is on the recall list. VW's policy is it cannot leave the showroom until it is fixed, and that would be in May, maybe June. Then plan B:
View attachment 2706
View attachment 2707
View attachment 2708

Two days later, my dealer called me again and said there's one just coming off the production line, fresh and tender! But it is black pearl. How can I refuse, I took it.

A simple Atlas loving story!

Now I have a question. What I know is that VW developed the VR6 engine and it was put in the previous atlas model (might not only atlas) and marked as VR6. But this time it marked as V6. Is it logically same, or ?

I'm not the guy who enthusiastically taking engine apart to see what is going on. Hope someone can help me out it. Thanks!
It's technically a VR6 German for inline 6 with a 10 degree V angled pistons. They should mentioned that in engine and back of trunk but they don't. VR6 is very exclusive and unique especially to Volkswagen very smooth and established engines.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts