Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just returned from our winter home down south. Put on a total of 3200 miles rt. On way back we averaged 22.3 mpg with fully loaded vehicle. Very happy with the vehicle, no issues what so ever.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just returned from our winter home down south. Put on a total of 3200 miles rt. On way back we averaged 22.3 mpg with fully loaded vehicle. Very happy with the vehicle, no issues what so ever.
Nice. What would be the Avg. Speed (if I may ask).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Those are some great numbers, and glad to hear that your Atlas completed such a long trip without issue. Have you been tracking your mpg since taking ownership? I would imagine that the majority of this route was on the freeway?

·
Registered
119 Posts
How did you find the comfort of the Atlas over a longer trip like that? Its usually not until you spend hours on end sitting in a car that you start to notice some poor design choices.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Nice. What would be the Avg. Speed (if I may ask).
On the way back it was 69 MPH. I never checked on the way down.

That was a great number for that speed. At 61 mph I was able to achieve a bit over 27 mpg. Now with colder weather that number is a bit more elusive and now getting to around 24 mpg but that involved some city driving

·
Registered
20 Posts
Probably should state the vehicle engine and whether it's awd or fwd.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well the OP”s Atlas (based on memory) is an SEL P as well as a mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts