Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2021 Atlas SEL. Turned on the heat for the 1st time today. I put it on 75 degrees, thinking this would be enough. The output was low(halfway to max fan), and the air got warm at best. Long story short, I had to turn the heat up to 85 degrees for the air to get hot. Seems like the passenger side has the least amount of air output. I honestly wouldn't mind having to turn the fan up high if the heat actually got hot. After my experience today, it made me think about how long it took to cool off when I first got it this summer 🤦🏽‍♀️.Just wondering if anyone else has experienced the issues of inadequate air output and temperature.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was your Atlas fully warmed up? Are you running it on auto?
Yes, it was warmed up. But I didn't have it on auto. I going to try "auto" this morning to see if that makes a difference. I'll have plenty of time to troubleshoot bc my dealer can't get me in until the 2nd week in December.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a 2021.5 Atlas, SEL, V6, last December. I find the heater performance anemic. My feet always are cold and not much can be done to comfortably warm up the passenger space. Yesterday, we had 7-degrees and the defroster could not melt the ice falling on windshield. Kept having to use the wipers and the windshield washer spray to remove a fine mist coating of ice. I have a 2017 Alltrack and traded a 2012 Passat with the V6 for the Atlas. Both heaters and A/C systems on these cars perform flawlessly. Not sure what is the issue with the Atlas. Perhaps the cabin volume is much larger and heater was not sized to handle it. I've run heater on auto and also manual, sending the air down to my feet, neither seems to make me comfortable. Anyone out there with similar issues?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree with you. I ended up cancelling my appt w the dealer due to an important scheduling conflict. I've tried manual and auto as well. Neither are sufficient imo. This is my 1st VW, so I assumed this was just "How they roll". After reading your input I see that's not the case. I've never had to bump my heat up to 80 degrees in a vehicle just to get some warm air. I also agree that the output is minimal as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I took my 2018 Sel in this morning for this same issue on the passenger side. Temp was in the high 80's coming out of the driver side and in the mid 60's coming out of the passenger side. Outside air was in the teens. I tried it in all modes. We normally keep it set on auto and sync. The dealer tech ended up calling Volkswagen support. They are ordering a valve that is supposedly not functioning right. They used the scan tool to diagnose it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts