Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2019 Atlas seems to blow cooler air than it should. I took it into the dealer after I got it - I was running it on Auto and would typically have it set to 23 degrees C and then would have to turn it up half a degree at a time as the air would become cooler. Dealer told me to not use auto and then turn the fan down if I didn't like the cool air blowing - ok great answer.

Today it was 14 degrees C out. I was in sweats and a hoodie. Had the temp in the car set to 25 - on auto and on manual - and it's still blowing cold air.....I literally have to turn it to at least 26 before it blows somewhat warm.....can't wait till its -40 outside.....i'm afraid I am going to freeze.

Am I losing my mind or is this the way the climate control should be functioning - seems to me like 25 is the new 22 and the temp sensors are out. The dealer checked that and said 'noted +-7 degrees all over cabin" - ummm is that not a really huge difference????

·
Registered
23 Posts
My 2019 Atlas seems to blow cooler air than it should. I took it into the dealer after I got it - I was running it on Auto and would typically have it set to 23 degrees C and then would have to turn it up half a degree at a time as the air would become cooler. Dealer told me to not use auto and then turn the fan down if I didn't like the cool air blowing - ok great answer.

Today it was 14 degrees C out. I was in sweats and a hoodie. Had the temp in the car set to 25 - on auto and on manual - and it's still blowing cold air.....I literally have to turn it to at least 26 before it blows somewhat warm.....can't wait till its -40 outside.....i'm afraid I am going to freeze.

Am I losing my mind or is this the way the climate control should be functioning - seems to me like 25 is the new 22 and the temp sensors are out. The dealer checked that and said 'noted +-7 degrees all over cabin" - ummm is that not a really huge difference????
My 19 SE takes some time to warm up. Dual temp not auto. I use the remote start to get the heat going. If its cold out, 29F you will not get heat until the engine warms up. Especially short trips, there is not enough time to get heat in the cabin. The higher the blower speed the more volume of cold air passes over the coils for longer periods. Turn down the blower speed. Also hit the recirculation button.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts