Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Need some feedback from you. We just purchased a 2020 Atlas Cross Sport SEL Premium and we absolutely love the vehicle. I brought it home three days ago and when driving at night noticed that on the cieling console the buttons for the roof shade and sunroof have backlighting but the four buttons for the indoor LED lights are not iluminated. It is impossible to see the buttons at night. I believe this might be a problem with the console and I hope not by design. Can anyone confirm the four buttons for internal front and back lighting are backlit on their 2020 Atlas Cross Sport?

Thanks in advance!

·
264 Posts
Welcome to the forum BoatingGuy (y)

I have a '19, and it's a Great Question and I'm sure a Member with a '20 will chime in soon ;)

Again, Welcome !

·
Super Moderator
901 Posts
Hi all,

Need some feedback from you. We just purchased a 2020 Atlas Cross Sport SEL Premium and we absolutely love the vehicle. I brought it home three days ago and when driving at night noticed that on the cieling console the buttons for the roof shade and sunroof have backlighting but the four buttons for the indoor LED lights are not iluminated. It is impossible to see the buttons at night. I believe this might be a problem with the console and I hope not by design. Can anyone confirm the four buttons for internal front and back lighting are backlit on their 2020 Atlas Cross Sport?

Thanks in advance!
Those aren't backlit on any of the Atlas models to my knowledge - no idea why but it's "by design".

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those aren't backlit on any of the Atlas models to my knowledge - no idea why but it's "by design".
That is is totally rediculous. Thanks for responding. I’ll figure out something to deal with it.see if I can find some glow in dark stickers or something.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks in advance!
Hi,
Hard to image VW would engineer the console this way but yes it is true - none of the light switches are illuminated. I called VW myself when I first noticed this - hard to believe! Hey if you want to open the moon roof in the dark your all set. But check on the kids, not so much...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Same on a 2020 Atlas CS. Seems odd but other brands do the same. Saw somewhere the 2021 might have added this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts