Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I noticed the infotainment centre has some sound problem when I use either the bluethooth handfree phone or when play mp3 via the media / USB. Every now and then, I can hear a bursty loud scratchy noise. It is quite unpleasant. I know the mp3 files are not in cause as I have been listening to them for so long, on so many different player.

Still, The sound is always perfect when using the radio or using carplay (for phone and music).

Anyone experimented this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
This may not be related but I thought I should share- I had problems with AUX and Bluetooth until I "rebooted" the infotainment system by long press the power button (the one on the left).

·
Registered
119 Posts
Perhaps it could the USB/Aux cable you're using as well? Sometimes a bad cable can distort the sound and make some quite horrifying noises. As noted above it might be a good option to try rebooting the system.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am also having issues with radio/infotainment and Carplay, and most recently Bluetooth. I'm been complaining to the dealer for a while now about the radio/sound just locking up when using Carplay, and they just keep pushing me off and stating that they can't find anything. They conceded at first that if I could bring a video showing the issues, they could then fix it. However, when I showed them the video, they still said they couldn't find anything wrong. The only way to fix the lockup is to reset the radio by pushing and holding the power button. When the lockup happens, you cannot change anything on the radio, including volume. Now, I've had it happen when just playing music via Bluetooth. I've tried original Apple cables, 3rd party cables, iPhone X & XS Max (even a reset X), all things the dealer blames it on. I also use the original Apple Music app in Carplay mode. The lockup is completely random and the dealer keeps stating for me to bring it in when it locks up (ridiculous request since you never know when it will happen and whether the dealer is even open). The video showed the original Apple cable and what was happening and the dealer just brushed it off. Now that I've also told them about Bluetooth, the dealer keeps referencing the original Apple cable and Carplay, both of which have nothing to do with using the Bluetooth feature. This is a clear indication the dealer doesn't care about the issue or even knows how the system works.

Anyone else having any type of similar issues?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sound issues

I have a 2019 and it happens to me also. I thought it was my iphone. the music will shut off and there will be no sound at all. I have to cut the truck off and restart the vehicle! Its so irritating!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts