Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 2018 VW Atlas Execline (SEL Premium) with the R-Line package for a little over two months. During that time I have experienced frequent reboots or freezes of the infotainment system.

I have also experienced five blue screen of death similar the the one in the attached image. To fix the issue I have to hold the power button for 10s to force reboot the system.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
For what it's worth, I've had my SEL Premium since June and while I've had a few issues with infotainment not recognizing my iphone or taking too long to load spotify (usually just unplug and plug back in to fix) I haven't ever experienced the blue screen thankfully.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I went in to the dealer for a seat belt recall and they did a software update for me - no charge. This addressed the issue you described.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I brought the car in to the dealership and they check the logs and found that the blue screen of death was caused by my iPhone 7. I changed the cable and and updated my phone to iOS 12. Since then I have not had any more issues with the infotainment system crashing like this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So the issue continued with my infotainment system. The most annoying thing I experienced other than the occasional BSOD was that 50% of the time I started my vehicle it would take upwards of 60 seconds for the infotainment system to start.

When I took this video I had just stopped to fill up with gas. What you see in the video was taken after I took my phone out and started recording, so add another 15+ seconds.

I took my Atlas into VW and eventually they replaced the stereo unit.

Now the system starts within seconds.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just had the same issue happen to me yesterday. Except my system never boots. Stuck on fender splash screen. I can place calls, listen to music, navigation on the digital dash but no response on the infotainment.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Problems with the infotainment system

Hi,
I have my 2018 Atlas for 8 months now, I have the full loaded version with the fender sound system. I went to the dealer a few times for update to the infotainment system but there are still numerous issue with the system. For example once you have memorized destinations it’s impossible to remove them. Also when I select the address of one of my contact, I would like to get the directions instantly on the map instead of an empty adress scree where I need to write the complete adress. Very disappointing.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi,
I have my 2018 Atlas for 8 months now, I have the full loaded version with the fender sound system. I went to the dealer a few times for update to the infotainment system but there are still numerous issue with the system. For example once you have memorized destinations it’s impossible to remove them. Also when I select the address of one of my contact, I would like to get the directions instantly on the map instead of an empty adress scree where I need to write the complete adress. Very disappointing.
In some situations I discovered that just trying a different dealer can help. So many factors influence the outcome of a dealer visit.

If you try somewhere else, let us know.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi,
I. Also when I select the address of one of my contact, I would like to get the directions instantly on the map instead of an empty adress scree where I need to write the complete adress. Very disappointing.
From which contact list your cell phone or the Nav address list?

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Infotainment system no longer connects to my iPhone to charge and will reboot itself every couple of times I turn the car on. I've also had issues where the screen will show the satellite radio except it is the regular FM stations. None of the FM stations ever save and sometimes the touch screen doesn't work. The weirdest thing happened earlier this week, though. One key is for my husband with his preset stations, etc. and the other is mine. My name showed up on the dashboard but his radio stations showed up on the Infotainment system. His key was at home, and I was at work! My local dealership said that they haven't had any issues but I made an appointment to take it in. I hope they fix it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts