1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
9 Posts
I own the new VW Atlas only for 3 days, but I've already drove in the dark and the headlights does not seem bad at all. Anyways it's seems much brighter than headlights of my previous SUV 2015 Chevrolet Traverse.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I agree. I've had mine since Monday night and lights are fine with me. But look at the bright side. Jeep Cherokees have 6 "lights" and they still suck. Don't own one, but drove one. I have a 09 Liberty but it's lifted and I put some Phillips bulbs that are rated the brightest you can install w/o going to high def lights. Added a few LED offroad lights that will light up your world. One thing I thought was odd though. VW used LED's everywhere except the driving lights. They are still "yellowish" halogen. I'm going to look for replacements that are either brighter or LED style.

·
Registered
162 Posts
So looks like the Atlas SEL Premium got some marginal ratings regarding headlights on the IIHS review.

2018 Volkswagen Atlas 4-door SUV

I'm wondering what some actual owners on here think about the visibility with their headlights? We're choosing between an Atlas and an Ascent and this is one of the "differences" between the two. :smile2:

Thanks!
I have the premium and the lights are fine in my opinion. With the auto high beams I've never been wanting for more light.

·
Registered
2019 Atlas S 4Motion VR6
33 Posts
I agree Tim, the Atlas lighting seems very good to me. I previously had a Tahoe with non LED lights and wouldn't come close to the Atlas. Been on some very dark stretches across Utah and Wyoming, and have often commented on how well the road is lit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: we took it on a road trip to San Antonio and the lights were a wonder! Could see everything! haha

·
Registered
162 Posts
My 2019 was a late year build. I can adjust up/down side to side. I would look at that and try. It is pretty simple.
I haven't checked but when I had to get a second key programmed the dealer said they had to do some kind of required headlight recall to stop adjustment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts