Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I just purchased a 2018 Atlas SE Tech. Has anyone experienced putting their Atlas in park and then receive the message turning off ignition to save battery? I have received this a few times and I don't know if I can exit my vehicle without worrying about it restarting or do I turn the ignition back on and then off?

I love my Atlas, but am still getting accustomed to all the bells and whistles.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi everyone! I just purchased a 2018 Atlas SE Tech. Has anyone experienced putting their Atlas in park and then receive the message turning off ignition to save battery? I have received this a few times and I don't know if I can exit my vehicle without worrying about it restarting or do I turn the ignition back on and then off?

I love my Atlas, but am still getting accustomed to all the bells and whistles.
Yup I got that too. It is part of the gas saving thing it has. just have to learn how to avoid that. It has been 7 months from and I do still experience that once in a while. In fact it happened to me tonight. To be sure press on the gas and no response when i park then you are sure that it is in the off position.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I hate all these nannies that automakers put on cars these days to "save gas"

It almost seems like a way to justify certain marketing material and to look good on paper than as a real solution for owners. Especially over the long term.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I hate all these nannies that automakers put on cars these days to "save gas"

It almost seems like a way to justify certain marketing material and to look good on paper than as a real solution for owners. Especially over the long term.
That feature is mandated by Congress for every new vehicle in America as an greenhouse gas emission control. which doesn't do anything in reality

1 - 5 of 5 Posts