Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I just purchased a 2018 Atlas SE Tech. Has anyone experienced putting their Atlas in park and then receive the message turning off ignition to save battery? I have received this a few times and I don't know if I can exit my vehicle without worrying about it restarting or do I turn the ignition back on and then off?

I love my Atlas, but am still getting accustomed to all the bells and whistles.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi everyone! I just purchased a 2018 Atlas SE Tech. Has anyone experienced putting their Atlas in park and then receive the message turning off ignition to save battery? I have received this a few times and I don't know if I can exit my vehicle without worrying about it restarting or do I turn the ignition back on and then off?

I love my Atlas, but am still getting accustomed to all the bells and whistles.
Yup I got that too. It is part of the gas saving thing it has. just have to learn how to avoid that. It has been 7 months from and I do still experience that once in a while. In fact it happened to me tonight. To be sure press on the gas and no response when i park then you are sure that it is in the off position.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I hate all these nannies that automakers put on cars these days to "save gas"

It almost seems like a way to justify certain marketing material and to look good on paper than as a real solution for owners. Especially over the long term.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts