Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a How To on the VW Atlas Battery Coding for none OEM battery.
I switched from a factory EFB+ to a Die Hard Premium AGM.

Step 1 Open VCDS and go to 19 Can Gateway
Rectangle Font Screenshot Software Technology

Step 2 Click Adaptation - 10
Azure Rectangle Font Screenshot Software

Step 3 Find IDE03256-MAS06105- Battery Adaption - Related Battery Capacity
Mine was already 70AH so I made no change.
Rectangle Azure Font Screenshot Parallel

Step 4 find ADE03256-MAS06106- Battery Adaption- Battery Technology
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Technology

Mine was a EFB+ and I switched to an AGM, so I picked Binary - AGM. Click Do It!.

Step 5 Find ADE03256-MAS06106- Battery Adaption - Battery Manufacturer
Rectangle Font Screenshot Software Parallel

I left this as MLA since it doesn't matter since I picked up a Die Hard Premium which is none OEM.

Step 6 find ADE03256-MAS06106- Battery Adaption- Battery Serial Number
Rectangle Azure Font Screenshot Software

This is the Key and what I love is that the VW tech was to lazy to put in the code which was from the replacement battery which was put in the car in 2019. This code should match what is on the battery however mine did not. I simply change the last digit and clicked Do It!

This confirmed by battery replacement and the car is good as new. Please be very clear this is only the coding part however if someone is looking to do this on their own please buy a memory saver tool. They are on Amazon for cheap and will make sure you dont have to do any additional coding or have issue with the electronic steering rack.
This is what I used for the memory saver.

Before doing this the car was charging at 14.5v
After the change the car is charging at 13.2v

The before and after proves that this does indeed control the charging of the car and should be done when changing batteries.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thank you for your post on this important topic. I was looking at how to do this on my 2018 SEL-P and with guidance from an Audi Forum investigated what it takes to Recode an OEM battery using VCDS. Those instructions took a different route through the 09-Cent. Elec Control Module.
The warning was interesting: “Incorrect coding can make a Control Module non-functional”.

I see my post as a way to code an OEM battery and the post from tylerltr450 as a way to code a non-OEM battery.

·
Super Moderator
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Chris4789 I believe there is no need to go into long coding which can have major issues if you mess up. Adaptation is much easier and user friendly. I would suggest linking to Rosstech on how to do this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts