Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, anyone knows how to remove the top bars from the roof Altas 2018. I want to install this VOLKSWAGEN ATLAS (2018-CURRENT) SLIMLINE II ROOF RAIL RACK KIT - BY FRONT RUNNER They told me that I need to remove the original bars, I like that one because goes slim and not too high over the original one.
I want to have the picture below. But again no Idea how to get it out. Someone, any Ideas?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How come Front Runner is asking you to remove the original bars? The whole purpose of the Slimline II is the ease at which this can be installed to the existing OEM roof rails? No drilling required.
Well, I went to my dealer end they gave me the instruction, You don't need to drill, BUT you need to take out the interior liner in order to access the screws, take out the bar, and then you tied the Slim II at the same holes. But for me is too much work and risky to create a leak on the roof plus the top airbags and the liner itself. I'm going to look for another solution less invasive. I will keep the forum post

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Just to Update, Finally I found with this brand something that makes more sense, a Nice slim roof rack. (slim II from front runner) Excellent product and gave the look and utility that I was looking for. And the best goes OEM in the Atlas 2018 and up without taking the grill bars. so That part is done Now looking forward to lifting the Atlas and the Flood Lights install on the roof rack to complete my project. a picture to share...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Just to Update, Finally I found with this brand something that makes more sense, a Nice slim roof rack. (slim II from front runner) Excellent product and gave the look and utility that I was looking for. And the best goes OEM in the Atlas 2018 and up without taking the grill bars. so That part is done Now looking forward to lifting the Atlas and the Flood Lights install on the roof rack to complete my project. a picture to share...
View attachment 1634
NICE! Can I ask what is the total height from the feet to the top of the rack. My Atlas is lifted and max height to be able to put my Atlas in the garage is 5”. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts