Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, newbie here; just picked up the car yesterday. This is probably a super simple fix but can't figure it out for the life of me. How do I get the dome lights to turn on when I open a door? At night it is so dark without the interior lights automatically turning on. Is there a switch i am obviously overlooking? TiA

·
Registered
109 Posts
Don't worry It took me 2 days to figure it out my self lol

I can top that. Took me 12 months to figure out how to open the rear hatch using my foot (the right way). I kept "waving" my foot around the hitch area. Think it worked ONCE but almost fell on my ass. Learned after trying a few times one day, it's the SPEED you flick your foot under the bumper/hitch vs where. Now, I can open it every time. :sneaky:

Reactions: JLP

·
Registered
329 Posts
I can top that. Took me 12 months to figure out how to open the rear hatch using my foot (the right way). I kept "waving" my foot around the hitch area. Think it worked ONCE but almost fell on my ass. Learned after trying a few times one day, it's the SPEED you flick your foot under the bumper/hitch vs where. Now, I can open it every time. :sneaky:
There are no dumb questions. This is what this forum is all about. No one should be afraid to post a question nor should anyone be afraid to answer for fear that they might be incorrect.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I purchased mine a week ago and still can't get it to open 😫

·
Registered
254 Posts
I purchased mine a week ago and still can't get it to open 😫
Kick your foot just to the left of center (left of the hitch receiver if you have one) and STEP BACK. The step back is key to getting it to work. If you stay too close the door won't open.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts