Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced the horn on the CS? I can't stand how weak it is. It's embarrassing even when I lock the car its so sad! If you replaced it what did you use and what did you have to do for install?
Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have not done it yet, but I had Hella horns I intended to install on a Subaru that I never got around to. I have poked around a little bit and it appears on my 2021 that one horn can be seen on the lower end of the front grill, but I can’t see the other one. I think if you can remove the upper grill, you could have access to change, but I haven’t gone any further. I think there is a ACC sensor in the VW emblem so I’ve been hesitant to try and remove.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have pulled my front end open since getting hit by a deer and there is only 1 horn an it's on the drivers side behind the grille. I looked up the part from VW and its over $100 for the horn and there is some sort of plug on it. My hope is that it can be cut off and the wires can just be attached to the new horn. I have never done a horn swap so I'm still doing a little digging and looking for any help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
On most cars, there are 2 horns (one low, one high pitch) and I have seen the one behind the grill. I thought the low pitch might be lower in the bumper. If it only has one, and you wanted to replace with Hella Supertones like what I have sitting in a box right now, you’d need to run a relay. Even replacing on a car with 2 horns it is recommended to run a relay to handle the power those draw vs. the stock horns. Wiring a relay is fairly simple.

ETA: Just curious as to how you removed the upper grill. Is it a fairly simple ordeal. I’d assume, just unscrewing upper connectors and then pulling off the grill on the clips on the bottom.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just bought a single horn replacement to keep it simple. You need to remove the black cover around the wheel well to access the screws and disconnect the front bumper and unscrew the top grille screws and just start pulling slowly to not break a clip. I hope to have it done this weekend along with my rear cargo led bulbs in. I'll follow up when I'm done.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts