Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, this morning I was leaving the house, hit the (1) Homelink button to close the garage and the whole row of buttons (1,2,3) went up into the roof! The car is exactly 1 week old! Going to the dealer to remedy the situation. My question is this a common thing or did the guys in Tenn not install it properly on the assembly line?

·
Banned
109 Posts
So, this morning I was leaving the house, hit the (1) Homelink button to close the garage and the whole row of buttons (1,2,3) went up into the roof! The car is exactly 1 week old! Going to the dealer to remedy the situation. My question is this a common thing or did the guys in Tenn not install it properly on the assembly line?
Unfortunately this will most likely be your first issue of many! Good Luck!

·
Super Moderator
882 Posts
I have seen a few others on the FB pages with this issue. Really not a big deal, dealer will fix.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just b/c you are having issues doesn't mean others will have a $hitshow, I get your concerns/problems but please temper the doom/gloom forum thing. Thanks.
IMO, it's good to have someone who points out ever issue they are having. That's what turned me off from getting the Honda Pilot or the Yukon when I was looking for a midsized SUV (Yukon was full size but I gave it a look). There will always be someone who isn't satisfied, no matter what. But I'd like to point out, all the "issues" he's having/had, it will only mask his next purchase and he will over look all the "nickle-dime" b1tches others have about the brand. Hey, but what do I know, look at all the issues people have with Jeeps and I have 2 and son has one (on my suggestion). But I've not had any non-expected issues.

·
Super Moderator
882 Posts
IMO, it's good to have someone who points out ever issue they are having. That's what turned me off from getting the Honda Pilot or the Yukon when I was looking for a midsized SUV (Yukon was full size but I gave it a look). There will always be someone who isn't satisfied, no matter what. But I'd like to point out, all the "issues" he's having/had, it will only mask his next purchase and he will over look all the "nickle-dime" b1tches others have about the brand. Hey, but what do I know, look at all the issues people have with Jeeps and I have 2 and son has one (on my suggestion). But I've not had any non-expected issues.
Sure, but what I see over and over is one person with issues pounding a forum/FB page with this over and over and replying to anyone with an issue with "good luck, it will fall apart" kind of rhetoric. I see it all the time and as a moderator here, my job is to keep things "moderated". Posting your problems is not an issue, saying the Atlas is a POS to anyone that asks b/c of your particular case is ridiculous.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Same thing with my 2019. The entire row of buttons just fell back into console. They didn't fix it the first time. They had to order a new part. So yes I guess this is common. They said the glue on 1 side wasn't placed properly.

Side note... does your Atlas lock when you press the door handle? Mine works occasionally. I have to use the FOB 90% to lock it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So far no issues with the door handle/lock. I am looking into getting OBDeleven and programming the doors to lock when the FOB is a certain distance away....my wife never locks her car.

·
Super Moderator
882 Posts
So far no issues with the door handle/lock. I am looking into getting OBDeleven and programming the doors to lock when the FOB is a certain distance away....my wife never locks her car.
I can tell you that I did it for the same reason - wife always forgets to lock it and it sucked. I put it back to normal. The tweak makes it so that when the door closes it locks - it won't work at a distance like you want.

Auto lock when exit (must have KESSY)
Adaptation
Control unit: B7 Access Startsystem Interface
Name: internal_passive_entry_exit_byte1
Values:
passive_exit_door_slam_lock:
Old value: Not activated
New value: activated
Long coding
Control unit: B7 Access Startsystem Interface
Values:
easy_close: