Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if anyone own a 2018 or 2019 Toyota Highlander and can compare it to the Atlas. I own a 2018 Highlander and I'm not loving it. I almost bought an Atlas but was worried about longevity and resale value as compared to the Highlander. I love to hear comparisons if anyone has some.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm wondering if anyone own a 2018 or 2019 Toyota Highlander and can compare it to the Atlas. I own a 2018 Highlander and I'm not loving it. I almost bought an Atlas but was worried about longevity and resale value as compared to the Highlander. I love to hear comparisons if anyone has some.
There were many comparisons out there by the car magazines and you tubers car enthusiasts. The majority chose the Atlas in their comparison. in 2020 a revised highlander is coming but that is still a bit way out. The new one has some improvements and some redesigne but still basically the same looks department. Before I vought the Atlas I looked at all but in the end the Atlas won me over. In the end it is a matter of preference. To me resale value takes a back seat as if the car gets hit once and the car history reports are there then the resale of any car takes a hit. The VW gets a 6 yr limited bumper to Bumper warrantee (toyota 3 years basic and a 5 year power train warrantee) so If one decides to keep the Atlas 4 to 5 years then a resale would actually benefit from this as the buyer still has some assurance on the cost repairs if needed. The Toyota ends after 4 years.

For me, the Atlas has so far been 7 months of trouble free ownership

1 - 2 of 2 Posts