Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Atlas Exec line, 2018. Very interested to hear what issues people are having with their vehicles as mine has been in and out of the shop since we bought it in September 2017.

·
Registered
256 Posts
The many reported issues have me concerned not for the fact there are issues, but the fact that VW is taking too long to resolve them. No vehicle can be perfect, even reputable Japanese brands have fallen over the years but its no excuse to not provide adequate support. If this keeps up it could hurt VW sales for the long term.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jennifer. Issues seem to be hit or miss from owner to owner, but there are many like you who have had theirs stuck in the shop for weeks at a time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So far no issues on my vehicle only thing is when it gets hot after use I can smell hot antifreeze but no loss of actual antifreeze. Was told that may be left over spillage from factory install on aluminum radiator parts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had two issues. First my water pump needed to be replaced after I noticed that that the engine coolant light came on due to the level in the reservoir dropping below the add line. Second issue was my check engine light came on a few weeks back and dealer found it to be due to bad catalytic converter. There is a 4 to 6 week back order on parts. I also noticed a noise when accelerating from a stop but they don’t seem to think anything is wrong. I had same issue with a rental Atlas when mine was in the shop so could be a normal to all Atlas models. Sounds like a worn bearing noise. I also hear it when shutting off engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts