Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
511 Posts
On the contrary, everyone is entitled to voice their opinion, but it does get to a point when it's more complaining than information sharing and tends to be counter productive. Personally, this forum has been extremely helpful to me, both before I purchased my Atlas and afterwards. Welcome aboard!.
100% - it's not about an opinion, it's about being a nuisance. Every post - "I hate my Atlas, worst vehicle ever, F VW"...after he traded it...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wife and I have a 2019 Atlas model S with 4 Motion and we love it. Been a great vehicle. We are a VW family, but I was hesitant when we purchased it a year ago based on what I was reading. We have close friends that own an early 18 and had zero problems. We decided to purchase and never looked back. Love the space and we added a roof carrier and running boards, which got the cubic feet of storage up even higher.

·
Registered
2019 Volkswagen Atlas S AWD
6 Posts
We purchased a slightly used(only 800 miles on it) 2019 S 4 Motion a few weeks ago and love it. About the warranty, we bought from a VW dealer and since it was a 2019 we got the remainder of a 6yr/72K warranty(2020+ get less) PLUS an added year(so remainder of 7/84k warranty), since it was used. This gave us piece of mind with buying and we got a great price with it being used(yet only 800 miles). I'm also excited to have some towing capacity again(it has the factory installed hitch), which we haven't had since getting rid of our old Durango many years ago.

I did see a mention of a negative about the size of the fuel tank. This was one of the things that did disappoint me. At first I thought we were just getting horrible gas mileage as the needle was going down kinda fast. They when I looked up the capacity and realized it was only about 18.5 or so gallons. That is small for an SUV but I suspect this is due to it having 3rd row seating, which eats up space. For comparison, our older(2008) Mercedes ML350(which does not have 3rd row seating) has an over 24 gallon tank, which gets us well over 500 miles per tank. On the Atlas, I doubt we get near 400 before a fill up is needed.

As said here, you can go to just about any car brand specific forum and see plenty of negative things, so keep that in mind.

·
Registered
2020 Atlas V6 SE w/ Technology R-Line
17 Posts
I was worried after lurking on the forums for a while but ultimately purchased a 2020 Atlas. A relative of mine has owned back to back VW's since around 2000 to now, and she utterly beat her original VW, a Passat, down to the ground and it never let her down as well as her current car, a 2013 Jetta Hybrid which also thankfully hasn't had any significant issues (or issues at all for that matter) since her purchase in 2014.

As far as the Atlas is concerned, coming from a smaller AWD Turbo charged sedan too a large 3 row was and is still somewhat a daunting idea, but after stepping behind the wheel of a Atlas SEW/ Tech my concerns were very much put to ease almost immediately. The Se W/ Tech I test drove was not ultimately the one I wanted (The White SE Tech RLine had just sold the week prior!) and I did not purchase it. I was very much impressed with how it felt for being such a large vehicle.

The 0 percent financing was the number one reason I became open to purchasing a new vehicle, but funnily enough what pushed me over the top was driving the new 2020 Ford Explorer XLT. Now don't get me wrong, I think it has nice styling as well as engine power that I can definitely appreciate, but outside of that it felt like a tank with a turbo!

Now I'm sure some enjoy that truck with a turbo feeling, but I knew pretty much immediately that I was going to go for the Atlas after that test drive, luckily enough the exact trim I was looking for popped up on a web search.

Now that I have it, I don't even want to drive it because it's too clean!

In limited driving, my only slight knock on it is that I think it wouldn't hurt to have a little bit more power, although it doesn't feel slow to me, I am just used to driving something quicker when it comes to maneuvers like merging, and changing lanes in a nano second. Gas wise is pretty equal to what I was driving so I'm used to feeling the pinch there, although at least this time with non premium as an option.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts