Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im having an issue with my 2018 VW Atlas, actually had multiple issues already but to this problem.

I had a service engine light come and go and its currently off but i ran the code reader anyways and it came up with

P0420 Catalyst system efficiency below threshold bank 1

Ive got a few questions.

1) Is this seem likely for a vehicle with less than 60,000KMs?

2) Is this covered under warranty?

Any opinions or help would be appreciated,

Thanks

Jesse

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just found somebody comment on this in this forum - Standard warranty is the 72000Miles warranty right.

shellfish.samurai said:
Seen a lot of posting about this issue for Atlas Vehicles. Is the diagnostic and repair covered by the warranty? Didn't buy the add on warranty, just the normal comes with the car warranty.

That said - So what if you don't fix it? Then what?
All is covered by the standard warrantee

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey guys im having an issue with my 2018 VW Atlas, actually had multiple issues already but to this problem.

I had a service engine light come and go and its currently off but i ran the code reader anyways and it came up with

Ive got a few questions.

Thanks

Jesse
What other problems have you had? Also what is the catalyst issue?

·
Super Moderator
882 Posts
THis is a known issue that is being handled with a service campaign. Very common. I've had my cats replaced. Type your VIN into Recall / Service Campaign Lookup (vw.com) and see, if not, dealer time. Your cats are handled under the emissions warranty which is usually a long one. They'll handle it.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Oxygen sensors can fail. A bad tank of gas can ruin an O2 sensor, it's not a big issue. I believe that oxygen sensors and any part of the emission system are overed for 100K miles here in the US. I am not sure about Canada. However, if it's the cats then it will definitely be covered

·
Registered
20 Posts

Ive got a few questions.

Thanks

Jesse
Th

Ive got a few questions.

Thanks

Jesse
That was a recall item. Both on the V6. Do you have it service every 10,000 miles at the dealership? They should have told you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Oxygen sensors can fail. A bad tank of gas can ruin an O2 sensor, it's not a big issue. I believe that oxygen sensors and any part of the emission system are overed for 100K miles here in the US. I am not sure about Canada. However, if it's the cats then it will definitely be covered
Only use TOP TIER GAS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts