Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Volkwagen Atlas
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Im new to these forums but not new to Volkswagens. I had a 2005 Passat 2.0L TDI that I absolutely loved and put over 200,000 km on it (120,000 miles). Unfortunately I got side swiped on the Henday (highway) and insurance decided to write it off ($3k worth of damage). Nothing wrong other than a flat tire, crumpled front fender and possibly a bent steel rim.....but it doesnt take much to write off an older car. Wasnt going to buy a new vehicle but my wife and I have our 3rd baby on the way so we decided to buy a 7 seater.
So far we love the new Atlas, although I am surprised it doesnt have a wireless phone charger like many of its competitors do (Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander, Acura MDX, Nissan Murano). Thats about the only feature I was hoping to get and there is room for it in my opinion in the vehicle for it (top dash shelf comes to mind). Other than that we are still getting used to the new vehicle and figuring out its features daily.

Hoping to get some good info and discussions from these forums and contribute where and when I can.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Welcome!

I was also surprised at the features being missed out on here.
Being part of VW group that include Audi, you'd think VW would take advantage of that. Maybe its something they'll include in the next model year?

Did you check out its competitors in person before finally deciding?

·
Registered
2019 Volkwagen Atlas
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome!

I was also surprised at the features being missed out on here.
Being part of VW group that include Audi, you'd think VW would take advantage of that. Maybe its something they'll include in the next model year?

Did you check out its competitors in person before finally deciding?
Thank you.
Yes I did take a majority of its competitors for a test drive and seen them in person. Pilot, MDX, Highlander, Traverse, Palisade and Murano. A lot of them had the same or similar features, often one off of each other. One may item x and not y, while the other may have item y and not x....etc. I personally liked the Highlander Hybrid the best. I managed to talk the dealership down to $55k including all fees and taxes which is about the same as what the Atlas came out to. What I really liked about the Highlander Hybrid (aside from being a hybrid) was it had a camera in place of its rear view mirror, which i thought was super helpful and beneficial. It had all the same features as the Atlas with the exception of auto-parking and the 2nd row seats didnt pivoted forward like the Atlas does. That one feature (pivoting forward 2nd row) is the only feature my wife wanted because using 2 car seats would make it much easier to get people in and out of without having to constantly remove car seats......and what the wife wants the wife gets lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts