Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm in the hunt for a 3rd row SUV and the Atlas's spacious interior has peaked my interest. I'm usually a Japanese vehicle guy and the thought of owning a VW long term gives me anxiety but the space of the Atlas really has it at a competitive advantage over everyone else.

I'm looking for a new / lightly used SEL AWD w/tech w/ panoramic sunroof.

I actually have a '20 Dark Green SEL AWD w/tech (no sunroof) in my driveway right now. It drives nice and fits the kids stuff great.

I'm digging through the prices paid to see what is a good deal; it seems that VW is very negotiable on these new.

I've located a '18 SEL AWD w/tech w/panoramic sunroof with 25k miles at a dealer for $31k. Is this an appropriate price?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Don't pay more than Kelley Blue Book. It depends on location, condition, certified preowned, etc. Was it a rental, lease or single owner, etc.? If I were you, I would buy a new 2019 with a 6 year. warranty or another 2020. People trade their cars for a reason

·
Banned
109 Posts
Much better options out there than the atlas. Don’t get sucked in because of a warranty and interior space. Catalytic converters, cooling system, head gasket, and suspension issues are way too common. Stick with the Japanese models Our 19’ was junk and it was replaced with a Pilot after a year. The atlas had a nicer interior layout but the reliability was incredibly bad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts