Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy team,
Brand new to the Atlas line and brand new to the forum. I did some digging in the search feature and the car's manual, but I couldn't get my answer

I have a 2021.0 Atlas 4motion SEL.

I am trying to get my wife's seat set up so the heated steering wheel and heated seat come on when she starts the car. I managed to get the seat location and key squared away. But, her heated seat and steering wheel don't turn on. I managed to make it work for my key fob, but it doesn't want to stick for hers.

The manual isn't explicit on how it works, I can take a picture of the page if anyone would like, but it says these features can be linked to the personalization settings. That said, there isn't an option for it in the infotainment menus.

This is the current method I used: Get the seat where I want it, turn on the heated components to desired levels, hit the "set" button for a few seconds, hit the corresponding number within a few seconds, wait for the "ding."

This worked for me, my key sets to the position, heated components, and climate control desired.

Any info/advice would be helpful!

Thanks, Team!

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have a 2019 so not sure if anything changed.....but the seat heat and steering wheel heat are not tied to personalization or stored. The car can remember the last seat heater setting when the vehicle was shut off and resume at that level on the next start. The only "saved" seat and steering wheel heat settings are tied to remote start and temperatures.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Howdy team,
Brand new to the Atlas line and brand new to the forum. I did some digging in the search feature and the car's manual, but I couldn't get my answer

I have a 2021.0 Atlas 4motion SEL.

I am trying to get my wife's seat set up so the heated steering wheel and heated seat come on when she starts the car. I managed to get the seat location and key squared away. But, her heated seat and steering wheel don't turn on. I managed to make it work for my key fob, but it doesn't want to stick for hers.

The manual isn't explicit on how it works, I can take a picture of the page if anyone would like, but it says these features can be linked to the personalization settings. That said, there isn't an option for it in the infotainment menus.

This is the current method I used: Get the seat where I want it, turn on the heated components to desired levels, hit the "set" button for a few seconds, hit the corresponding number within a few seconds, wait for the "ding."

This worked for me, my key sets to the position, heated components, and climate control desired.

Any info/advice would be helpful!

Thanks, Team!
I am probably wrong but I think when we got our atlas they had said something about personalizing the key fob for driver 1 or driver 2. Don’t know if that has anything to do with it. I really wasn’t interested in the heated seats or heated steering wheel, my garage is heated to 65 degrees.

·
Registered
2021 Volkswagen Atlas SEL Premium 3.6L
6 Posts
Hey, welcome! I also have a 21 Atlas SEL (Primo) and the personalization only refers to the seat and side mirror positions, and the climate control settings per fob.
There is an issue I am having though with the side mirrors defrost. It is not on the mirror switch control, so it must be linked with rear defrost. Mine is not working, and the dealership is clueless about anything 21 Atlas. There is a discussion going on here. Keep an eye out!
Other than that enjoy the new ride, I love mine!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, welcome! I also have a 21 Atlas SEL (Primo) and the personalization only refers to the seat and side mirror positions, and the climate control settings per fob.
There is an issue I am having though with the side mirrors defrost. It is not on the mirror switch control, so it must be linked with rear defrost. Mine is not working, and the dealership is clueless about anything 21 Atlas. There is a discussion going on here. Keep an eye out!
yep! Love the ride! (I only ride in it once a week, typically I ride my bike or motorcycle to work)
Is there a discussion outside this thread or is this ground zero?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I believe there is no control for the side mirror heat, I believe it only works when the front windshield defrost setting on controls is selected.

·
Registered
6 Posts
yep! Love the ride! (I only ride in it once a week, typically I ride my bike or motorcycle to work)
[/QU
I believe there is no control for the side mirror heat, I believe it only works when the front windshield defrost setting on controls is selected.
It is actually connected to the rear defrost on the vehicle. And there is a certain ambiant temperature that needs to be achieved as well in order for it to function. My temp was below the minimum temp needed and still didn't work. I need to find the thread when I have more time. There are others finding this issue, but no answers yet...I think.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is the thread on vwvortex.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello - I just purchased a 2021.5 Atlas SEL. The car has the new MIB III infotainment system. I am trying to assign the key fobs to customize the car’s settings to my wife and I’s separate liking (e.g. lighting, seat position, mirrors, Digital cockpit setup, etc.). I have seen multiple references to a “Personalization” setting with the MIB II system where you can set up drive profiles and key fobs, but I cannot find these settings anywhere in my MIB III system.

Anyone have an idea where I can customize these settings in the MIB III?
Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello - I just purchased a 2021.5 Atlas SEL. The car has the new MIB III infotainment system. I am trying to assign the key fobs to customize the car’s settings to my wife and I’s separate liking (e.g. lighting, seat position, mirrors, Digital cockpit setup, etc.). I have seen multiple references to a “Personalization” setting with the MIB II system where you can set up drive profiles and key fobs, but I cannot find these settings anywhere in my MIB III system.

Anyone have an idea where I can customize these settings in the MIB III?
Thanks!
Did you have any luck with that? See my thread on the same subject; MIB3 - No personalization menu?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts