Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, I have been having issues when connecting to CarPlay. It disconnects frequently and I need to unplug and reattach the cable. I changed the cord with a genuine Apple one, but it still is not staying connected. Before I trade my phone in, does anyone else have this problem?
Does anyone have a good experience with Carlinkit or wireless CarPlay2, etc.Or, do you experience the same connection issues but between the wireless dongle?

·
Registered
2020 Atlas V6 SE w/ Technology R-Line
18 Posts
Recently, I have been having issues when connecting to CarPlay. It disconnects frequently and I need to unplug and reattach the cable. I changed the cord with a genuine Apple one, but it still is not staying connected. Before I trade my phone in, does anyone else have this problem?
Does anyone have a good experience with Carlinkit or wireless CarPlay2, etc.Or, do you experience the same connection issues but between the wireless dongle?
I have a Pixel 2XL but with the cable I had been using for mostly power in my other car the first time I attempted to connect to the Atlas infotainment it didn't see it at all, I suspect it was that my cord is a little worn and the connection point is a little more bulbous and doesn't connect as thoroughly due to my phone case cut out.

When I used an official Google Pixel 2 Usb C cable it worked immediately. Now I just want to see if I can get Waze up and running instead of the default google maps.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yes, definitely. I suspect the phone, but wanted to get some opinions.
Yeah then I got no other suggestions lol.
In my experience, it is usually the cable...even if it looks like it is in good shape.
But I would expect a brand new cable to have done the trick...

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it's my phone. I need a new one anyway, this one is almost three years old, Thanks for your post.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just wanted to give an update on the CarPlay connection issues. It was my iphone, I broke down and traded in my iphone 7 and I don't have any more issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts