Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, I have been having issues when connecting to CarPlay. It disconnects frequently and I need to unplug and reattach the cable. I changed the cord with a genuine Apple one, but it still is not staying connected. Before I trade my phone in, does anyone else have this problem?
Does anyone have a good experience with Carlinkit or wireless CarPlay2, etc.Or, do you experience the same connection issues but between the wireless dongle?

·
Registered
2020 Atlas V6 SE w/ Technology R-Line
43 Posts
Recently, I have been having issues when connecting to CarPlay. It disconnects frequently and I need to unplug and reattach the cable. I changed the cord with a genuine Apple one, but it still is not staying connected. Before I trade my phone in, does anyone else have this problem?
Does anyone have a good experience with Carlinkit or wireless CarPlay2, etc.Or, do you experience the same connection issues but between the wireless dongle?
I have a Pixel 2XL but with the cable I had been using for mostly power in my other car the first time I attempted to connect to the Atlas infotainment it didn't see it at all, I suspect it was that my cord is a little worn and the connection point is a little more bulbous and doesn't connect as thoroughly due to my phone case cut out.

When I used an official Google Pixel 2 Usb C cable it worked immediately. Now I just want to see if I can get Waze up and running instead of the default google maps.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think it's my phone. I need a new one anyway, this one is almost three years old, Thanks for your post.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just wanted to give an update on the CarPlay connection issues. It was my iphone, I broke down and traded in my iphone 7 and I don't have any more issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just wanted to give an update on the CarPlay connection issues. It was my iphone, I broke down and traded in my iphone 7 and I don't have any more issues.
Trust me, this is not going to help the problem. My iPhone 12 Pro Max is doing the same thing and it's beyond frustrating to have to constantly pull the cord out and reconnect over and over. I honestly think it's a VW issue with their software and its compatibility with Apple. I wish we had the option of connecting wirelessly and it still look the same as when you're connected with the cord, but if you connect via bluetooth you just get a black and white screen and cannot utilize maps or navigation on the LCD.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have only used car play via bluetooth. works great. The phone charges just laying it on the center console charging matt. I have a 21.5 w/technology so just hit the "APP" button to connect car play

iphone 10x, never tried using a cord

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think that the problem is Apple not VW if you can’t connect. Clearly, Apple is less technologically advanced than Android.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts