Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last December I made a knee jerk reaction when my wife was diagnosed with MS and traded my beautiful, fully loaded F150 for a new 2019 SEL R-line. It was a nice vehicle. Comfortable on the road, nicely appointed, room for the kids and the most cargo space in its class. Then...with 900 miles on the clock, it needed to have the bevel box replaced. Now we made it to 12,000 miles and a few months ago I started noticing the coolant smell once in a while. Then the blend doors for the hvac started making noise. I also thought that the VR6 was grossly underpowered for the vehicle’s weight.

I decided I had enough and started looking... yesterday, I made the trade and said goodbye to the Atlas for a well appointed 2017 F150 Lariat. I feel that VW didn’tdo what they should have with this vehicle. It has so much opportunity to do well. I hope that they figure it all out soon. It is a great platform. Heck, we have purchased multiple VW cars (CC, Passat) and have been happy. However for me, I am happy to be back in an F150 (for less money).

·
Banned
109 Posts
I’ll be doing the same and bought for the same reason you did, minus the diagnosis. Sorry to hear that. I Traded in a 2011 Escalade esv with 140k miles and it had far less issues than our brand new atlas. Awaiting a decision from vw Corp on a buyback, if no buyback I will go the legal route. No matter what happens we will be getting out Of this POS in 2020, even if I have to trade it in at a loss. We really Really regret not buying the explorer limited. The warranty sealed the deal for the atlas, too bad I have to use it so often.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts