Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
That's a great deal considering the mileage. Were you able to confirm everything that has/hasn't been done to it so far?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Congrats on getting your SE. At least if you drove it around enough the AEB issue would show and its one of the most pressing issues.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Was this at a VW dealer or a used car lot? CPO's are a great way to save yourself some cash for upgrades/accessories.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Was this at a VW dealer or a used car lot? CPO's are a great way to save yourself some cash for upgrades/accessories.
CPO's are highway robbery so much they had to come up with fancy terms to make the higher price tag worth it. Buying from a used lot and knowing what to look for gets you the deal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is a private seller. The man is 78 and its just too much care and tech for him. I've checked the vin on VW recall page and nothing is outstanding. Clean carfax as well. We have deal signed, just have not actually paid and picked up vehicle. It was a lease, he bought it and is waiting for title transfer to go through.

As far as AEB- whats a good way to test that in test drive ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is a private seller. The man is 78 and its just too much care and tech for him. I've checked the vin on VW recall page and nothing is outstanding. Clean carfax as well. We have deal signed, just have not actually paid and picked up vehicle. It was a lease, he bought it and is waiting for title transfer to go through.

·
Registered
111 Posts

I can't tell you other than may be putting something that is sot and going a bit faster. Unfortunately for me it was real life experience. Twice someone cut me off and it activated (the first one was not he 2nd day of ownership). Another non expected was reverse braking, I was backing up, while paying attention on my right and forgetting there is a garage door behind me the emergency braking also kicked in. I had those instances and hoping these will never happen again and to be always a safe ride.

·
Registered
41 Posts
You could just bring some sort of prop with you and try out the AEB in a parking lot. As hfqkhal has said you'll probably end up testing it out inadvertently anyways.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Pilons will be the easiest method which can be found at any construction site. I used to borrow them on site late at night when no one's around.

·
Banned
109 Posts
that seems like a great deal. I was going to buy that same auto until my wife saw the rline. I ended up getting a new 2019 se rline w/ tech and awd for like 39,500 otd.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts