Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had countless issues with my brand new atlas cross sport SE V6 tech package. Currently just over 5,000 miles.
So far, a fuel injector went out, control arms replaced, Bluetooth replaced, and now the newest issue a popping noise from front passenger suspension. It comes and goes but happens at slow speeds while turning left. Anyone had this issue?

·
Registered
30 Posts
There is a fairly long thread on it, just search and you will find it. For mine, it was the sway bar end links. I could hold the sway bar while rocking the atlas and you could feel it. For others it is a shock boot. Either way, covered under warranty and for the boot, there is a TSB on it. Took about 2 hours. Ours was right around the 5k mark as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a fairly long thread on it, just search and you will find it. For mine, it was the sway bar end links. I could hold the sway bar while rocking the atlas and you could feel it. For others it is a shock boot. Either way, covered under warranty and for the boot, there is a TSB on it. Took about 2 hours. Ours was right around the 5k mark as well.
Thank you very much. Of course my vehicle didn’t make the noise while at the dealership. They replaced the noise shield thinking it could be that but obviously not. I’m going to go back and bring theses possibilities to their attention. Fingers crossed we can get this fixed and have no more issues.

·
Registered
30 Posts
For my my issue, it was pretty easy to simulate the sound by grabbing onto the driver‘s side fender well and gently rocking back and forth. Also, my wife said it was too heavy for her, but she could open the passenger door, step up and grab the roof rack to start rocking it and it would replicate. Once again, mine was diagnosed as endlinks and it was the gentle rocking back and forth that “stressed” the sway bar that caused the popping noise. Good luck. If your dealer says they have never heard of this, I’d be skeptical as I was told it was petty common on multiple years.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Had the exact issue with my 2019 SEL V6 4Motion, plus other issues. There is a tech bulletin on that noise mentioned on other threads. I would also suggest you keep track of your issues and how much time it is in the shop. Could be your state's Lemon Law might apply. If not now, maybe soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had the exact issue with my 2019 SEL V6 4Motion, plus other issues. There is a tech bulletin on that noise mentioned on other threads. I would also suggest you keep track of your issues and how much time it is in the shop. Could be your state's Lemon Law might apply. If not now, maybe soon.
Thank you very much, we will be looking into the lemon law bc this is the 4th issue within 6 months on a brand new vehicle. It’s a terrible thing not to have confidence in your brand new SUV.

My cross sport was making the popping noise regularly yesterday so I brought it back in and the technician was finally able to hear it. No diagnosis yet but he is think the steering column. If this could have posed a serious safety concern I’ll be looking even deeper into the lemon law.

What was your vehicles problem when they diagnosed it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For my my issue, it was pretty easy to simulate the sound by grabbing onto the driver‘s side fender well and gently rocking back and forth. Also, my wife said it was too heavy for her, but she could open the passenger door, step up and grab the roof rack to start rocking it and it would replicate. Once again, mine was diagnosed as endlinks and it was the gentle rocking back and forth that “stressed” the sway bar that caused the popping noise. Good luck. If your dealer says they have never heard of this, I’d be skeptical as I was told it was petty common on multiple years.
Thank you for your reply. The issue has worsened and its back at the dealership. When I originally brought it it they stated that they checked all that but who knows. They were able to hear the noise yesterday and think it could be a steering rack issue. Hopefully, ill hear back from them today.

I hate that I have no confidence in my vehicle and will be looking into the lemon law. If this issue ends up being a safety concern it will make a stronger case.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same popping noise from making sharp turns. Took vehicle to service department and was told that it was a combination of steering column, torque and rack/pinion. Repaired, no noise but feels weird when driving, like no suspension.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts