Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newer Atlas, less than 10K miles - been in for a loud rattle coming from the front passenger side pillar/dashboard. Sounds “click or plasticky,” and happens over smooth or rough roads. It’s not audible on every drive, but probably 30-40% of them. Dealer has been sent videos and acknowledges it’s there - they can’t seem to figure out what it is (lately, I feel it is coming from the dashboard, inside, near where the heat/ac vents are). Dealer hasn’t tackled looking at dash for solution yet. Dealer as acknowledged videos of issue but has struggled to identify cause - any ideas what could be causing this or where I should be coaching dealer to look?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I heard the same sound a few days ago. My Atlas has 2100 miles on it....wasn't alarming noise but still a rattle I couldn't figure out. I looked under the driver side but nothing was loose. 😐

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I heard the same sound a few days ago. My Atlas has 2100 miles on it....wasn't alarming noise but still a rattle I couldn't figure out. I looked under the driver side but nothing was loose. 😐
Weird... VW Customer Care is involved now (at suggestion of service advisor I’ve been working with). Mine appears to be getting worse with time... it’ll be interesting if they can get these fixed - it’ll also be interesting if anyone else chimes in with a similar issue...

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a similar noise but it is on the driver side it sounds like it’s coming from the pillar but I did locate the noise it’s the courtesy light above the sunvisor, next time you hear the noise pull down the sunvisor and put
downward pressure on the courtesy light see if that helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a similar noise but it is on the driver side it sounds like it’s coming from the pillar but I did locate the noise it’s the courtesy light above the sunvisor, next time you hear the noise pull down the sunvisor and put
Interesting! It’s in again so they can take another shot at resolving the issue, but I will talk to them tomorrow and make they try this. Thank you for sharing!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same issue on the driver side. It almost sounds like it is in the speaker but can't accurately locate it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! We checked that out today - all seemed good there...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the same issue on the driver side. It almost sounds like it is in the speaker but can't accurately locate it
Weird... my atlas is in again today to try to resolve it. It’s hard to tell if it’s coming from the side pillar, vent, or even speaker (like you mentioned). It’s definitely on the “surface,” and nothing feels loose. Quite annoying!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I feel like my noise started after I had my windshield replaced. Have any of you had your windshield replaced?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Really, an intermittent squeak or rattle! I am surprised that the dealer will even address this issue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have one on the drivers side center console. If I rest my knee on it it stops Of course VW cant find anything

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Really, an intermittent squeak or rattle! I am surprised that the dealer will even address this issue.
It’s all covered under warranty - is with most major brands. Essentially, it’s either a “defect” or it has to be acknowledged as “normal” and I’m not so sure any car brand would want to be selling, consistently, $50k vehicles where “rattles are normal”.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They are still working to identify what’s causing mine - without getting into a really lengthy post, they found some “irregularities” near where the noise is coming from - thus far, after correcting them, still occurring.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2019 has 13k on the lock and developed the passenger door rattle. VW found that the black piece at the top of the door panel was not secured well to the lower piece. Couldn’t fix it and ordered a new door panel. They also ordered a new torque converter. They heard the noise. I didnt.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts