Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi are you doing it yourself or is dealer? Honestly I don't know what to do about it.
I'll do it myself. Here's the link with a few youtube installation videos.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'll do it myself. Here's the link with a few youtube installation videos.
Did you get this installed? How did it work out?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone found the tow hook mounting bracket for this car. Seems like its too new and most sites dont even have the atlas sport listed as an option. Wondering if a different model tow hook dimensions match that of the cross sport 2020?
Oddly enough, when I was looking to find a front bracket (bought the car in Florida, live in Illinois), I discovered there is NO TOW EYE HOLE in the 2020 Cross Sport! The guys at my local dealer were as surprised as I was!

·
Registered
2020 Atlas Cross Sport SEL R-Line
29 Posts
Was glad when i finally found the solution. I've been rockN this for a month now and satisfied with it.
We just bought a "used" (with only 800 miles) 2020 Cross Sport SEL R-Line last Friday (June, 2021) without a front license plate mount. Thank goodness the dealer didn't add one and I found this bracket today based on this forum and thread. (y)

·
Registered
29 Posts
We just bought a "used" (with only 800 miles) 2020 Cross Sport SEL R-Line last Friday (June, 2021) without a front license plate mount. Thank goodness the dealer didn't add one and I found this bracket today based on this forum and thread. (y)
I installed the Sly Bracket today. The instructions didn't include anything specific to the Atlas lower grill, so I spent some time last night just trying different options. Here's the configuration that fit best:
  • Mount the clamps on the lowest horizontal slat against 2 vertical slats as recommended. (See the picture with the clamps)
  • The grill is near flushed with the bumper (vs. set back from the bumper), so use the extended bolts only, without any of the spacers or standoffs provided.
  • Center the square rod in the clamps and tighten the set screws on the front of each of the clamps to lock the square rod in the clamps.
  • Attach the slide plate to the riser using the 2nd and 3rd holes from the bottom of the riser.
  • Remove one extended bolt from the clamps at a time and put it through the slider plate loosely. I put some blue (medium) thread lock on the extended bolts where near where it will go through the clamp.
  • Do the same for the second extended bolt on the other side of the slider plate. Tighten extended bolts to finish the slider and riser installation. (See the picture of the mounted
The frame seems pretty solid. I installed a WeatherTech ClearCover frame kit too, so I needed slightly longer bolts to mount the plate. I added my own thread lock on the license bolts. (The license plate bolts included with the Sly Bracket has thread lock on it already.

The Sly Bracket is a little pricey, probably in part because of the extra parts for installation options. It is very well made and worth it IMO to avoid drilling holes in the bumper cover. Tire Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Wheel Car

Grille Bumper Rectangle Track Automotive exterior
Grille Rectangle Automotive exterior Bumper Gas

·
Registered
29 Posts
For those of you who got the Sly Brackets holder, did you also get the Leveler? or does the plate sit level enough without it?
I did NOT get the Leveler. I think the pictures of the installed holder give a good idea of how level the mounted plate will be.

We've had the Sly Bracket on for a year with many trips through an automatic car wash. The Sly Bracket is still straight and level as it was when first installed. (y)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts