Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’ve been in some dangerous situations since purchasing our Atlas in February. The front assist system will break almost every time I come out of a parking lot. It’s so strange and scary. I have reached out to VW and they said there is no way to permanently disable this feature, so I need to remember to deactivate in the car settings every time I drive which I don’t always remember to do. Is this happening to anybody else!?!

·
Super Moderator
212 Posts
A few questions - I assume you have an SEL or SEL-P and this is existing a parking lot with a ramp? I am assuming this is not the front assist braking you but the "maneuver braking" which is part of the parking system (sensors on f/r bumpers that beep). You can easily switch this off permanently in the infotainment menu under parking "maneuver braking" - just toggle it off. Check it next time you start the car...mine for some reason doesn't permanently stay off until I've done it 3 times. It will still beep as you approach objects but the braking will not occur. Lots of folks on vortex/FB/here complaining of this (including me!) and VW hasn't seemed to be able to get a solution yet...I am sure there will be something to come out b/c some folks have complained that is has nearly caused accidents pulling onto main roads where there is a dip/small ramp.

What have you been turning off...front assist?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts